little oil on my flywheel

I was just in the middle of changing my pick up on my total loss noticed there was a little bit of oil on and around my flywheel. I don't have a leak down gauge and am assuming that my front crank seal is pooched. Just wondering if this would affect my pick up and i have noticed no loss in power is this normal.

It must be the front crank seal...unless your cases are ported. There is a always a small amount in mine when I tear it apart too. So far it has not caused any problems but I'm sure over time it effects your stator.

douglee25

m3booooy
If it's a light haze, I wouldn't worry too much. You'll know when it's leaking. Gaskets tend to seep slighty regardless even if sealer is used. The constant heat/cool cycle tends to wreak havoc on gaskets and seals.

Doug

yamahammer

are you men the police?
Every engine I have ever removed timing cover on has had a little oil inside around flywheel. I dont really know if its supposed to be there, but we have never done anything about it or had any problems with it at all.

ANT

Just ride
Well it is a tiny seal to seal the crank. Some stuff might be from the bendix, and other stuff is prolly from the seal...If your flywheel cover is sealed good i wouldn't worry about it until you have to take the bottom end apart. Most of the motors i have to change a bendix or tighten a stator down on have a lot of oil and still run for a long time.

Top Bottom