Custom/Hybrid Looking for idea's on how to get ski's onto pontoon....

BombThreat

'Diggity
Not exactly sure what forums to have this in but figure this one gets the most traffic. I'm currently re-habbing my 24 foot pontoon and while Im at it I'm going to make it so I can haul 2 standups on it as well. To keep the weight even and balanced, they will be stored right up the center one in front of the other. The main idea with having them on board is to be able to tow the boat to the water and then launch and re-board the skis onto the boat while in the water. What I'm looking for some ideas with how exactly to have the skis get to and from the boat on the water. Those small cranes that mount are nose aren't going to work, this needs to be feasible with one person and also if there are any waves it just would never work smoothly.

This is what I'm thinking so far. Let me know what you guys think.

Do a short removable ramp (4-5 feet) that floats at the end (buoyancy of around 100lbs). Have it on a hinge so it can flex with waves and then have 3" PVC as runners on it while having a winch on the deck to pull the ski's in.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
I used to just drag em up, but we needed 2 people. My boat was also a solid fiberglass top and bottom, not actual pontoons.

You can see that crank I mounted on the deck, It didn't work like I planned so I yanked it out. I even tried mounting slippery plastic starboard on the side of the hull to get the skis to slide up, but that didn't help. You will need some sort of a ramp or bunk system to make it possible for one person to lift on the boat.

Attachments

• party boat 001.jpg
    party boat 001.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 87
  • jet ski parts 001.jpg
    jet ski parts 001.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 84
  • jet ski parts 002.jpg
    jet ski parts 002.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 99
  • low tide 008.jpg
    low tide 008.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 81
  • low tide 009.jpg
    low tide 009.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 82
  • party barge.jpg
    party barge.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
edit, I should read the whole thread. Ha I had the same idea with the bunks, hinges, barrel and winch. attaching the bunks or pvc to the barrel would be an issue.

Last edited:
Top Bottom