low end bog

Just wanted some opinions. I put a new motor in my superjet this year, it has a factory pipe on it with dual novi 44 carbs. I am having a low end bog on it, but otherwise it runs perfect. I am not sure what jets are in it, when I get some time I will check that. (guessing jetting is probably my problem).

All of the screws on the carbs are turned a turn and a half out. Would turning the screws out a little more possibly help?

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
How bad of a bog? Does it have to clear out, or does it just hesitate and not go anywhere?
Tuning a low speed screw won't entirely eliminate a low end bog. We need to know your motor and jetting specs and popoff pressure to make a decision. Otherwise it's just a guessing game..

in low rpm's it feels like its not getting enough gas and just bogs a little but clears out in higher rpm's. I guess I really just need to know what the jetting and pop off is like you said.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Clearing out means too much fuel. A lean hesitation usually feels like you have no power for a brief moment, then it has power. Like it'll just fall on its face.

it will idle, just when you give it some gas off idle or real low rpm's (like blimping around) it will hesitate like it's not getting enough gas, but then clears out fine if you keep the rpm's up.

Just wanted some opinions. I put a new motor in my superjet this year, it has a factory pipe on it with dual novi 44 carbs. I am having a low end bog on it, but otherwise it runs perfect. I am not sure what jets are in it, when I get some time I will check that. (guessing jetting is probably my problem).

All of the screws on the carbs are turned a turn and a half out. Would turning the screws out a little more possibly help?
There wont be much change after 1.5 turns. Do you have real Novi carbs, or is just the crossbar tying the carbs together marked Novi? Post #7
probably means you need larger low speed jets. What cc is your engine?

Alright this may sound insanely stupid but since my plugs looked a little black, I turned my low speed in a little and it kept getting better, finally got it to where it should be! Turns out I was running too rich.

This is my first year with a ski thats not stock, so i'm use to just putting gas in it and riding haha. Not use to tuning at all, but i'm learning a lot!

Top Bottom