Mint 88 x-2 Value

oldskoo

local jackass
I have a chance to grab a mint 88 x-2 off the original owner, boat is near perfect and has only been ridden a handful of times its hole life, My plan is just to flip it as i dont need another project, what could i honesty sell this thing for on todays market>?

Mile9c1

X-H2O.com
I could see someone who really wants one paying up to $1,200 or so if it's like new. The thing with most X-2 riders is they are CHEAP! I had a very hard time selling the last one I had and it was pretty clean and I was only asking $600. I think you could plan on $800-$900 if it's honestly mint.

Diceman

Bigger..Better..Faster
I could see someone who really wants one paying up to $1,200 or so if it's like new. The thing with most X-2 riders is they are CHEAP! I had a very hard time selling the last one I had and it was pretty clean and I was only asking $600. I think you could plan on $800-$900 if it's honestly mint.

We are CHEAP are we. You have no idea. No one who owns a X-2 would answer like that. So if you don't, go troll another thread and answer about a ski you may own.
I own one and take offense to that blanket, and frankly stupid statement.
That may be your experience, but for you to come into a X-2 thread and say we "mostly" all cheap is not true.

Ok, i'm off my soapbox. (I haven't met a "cheap" X-2 rider yet, so maybe I am just charmed, and I certainly am not cheap when it comes to mine.
:soapbox:

butti

lone wolf
We are CHEAP are we. You have no idea. No one who owns a X-2 would answer like that. So if you don't, go troll another thread and answer about a ski you may own.
I own one and take offense to that blanket, and frankly stupid statement.
That may be your experience, but for you to come into a X-2 thread and say we "mostly" all cheap is not true.

Ok, i'm off my soapbox. (I haven't met a "cheap" X-2 rider yet, so maybe I am just charmed, and I certainly am not cheap when it comes to mine.
:soapbox:

im sorry but you would be hard pressed to find someone looking to buy an x2 thats willing to spend more than 500 bucks.if you dont want to call that cheap then call it something else.i dont own an x2 anymore either but i dont think that means i cant comment on this thread

Last edited:

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
If you switch the title to your name and all that BS, your time, gas money, ect... it may not be worth it.

I have a nice 93 X2 with a recent/nice turf job. If I was to sell it, I would have to have at least 750-800. I would rather have 1000 for it. I kind of need cash for a down payment, but I know if I was to sell this ski, I wouldn't find another as nice. So I will keep it.

I agree with the 300 to 700 range. Just depends on how clean it is. I pay more for unmolested, original skis than the same ski with mods. Sure I will eventually mod it myself, but I would rather pay for the piece of mind that someone hasn't tinkered the ski to death.

But also, remember there is not such thing as a get rich quick scheme!

oldskoo

local jackass
its close enough to my parents house that i could grab it during a vist, title ect yea that is time and $$$, o well if he takes my offer i may just let it sit in the back of my garage till the winter and slap somthin together w/ my extra yami parts hehe

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
I paid around 1k for three different X2's on three different occasions. But I have thousands tied up in parts that just sit in boxes on my garage shelf. I am sure you can relate Mile!

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I'm not so sure I X2 owners are cheap. I think they just like to build stuff. The cheaper the ski the more we can spend making it the way we want.

Had I parted out my X2 rather than dropping as much money as I have into it, I could have easily bought a clean blaster, RN SJ, SXR, w/e with all that money.

oldskoo

local jackass
i pick it up next weekend! he took my offer, ill list it here after i give her a go over, if it doesnt sell on flea bay ill put it next to my tiki bar!!

lets put it this way. The mods and aftermarket parts are where the money is. How much is any ski built 21 years ago in stock form worth? 88 superjet? 88 sx? 88 waverunner/wavejammer? 88 doo?

oldskoo

local jackass
yea true but there are people (like myself) who will fork out a little extra for a un molested boat, AM parts are nice but 90% of the time the people that are putting them in are not the most hands on savy, witch then just makes it more work for the next guy to un rig everything the previous owner did, plus you x2 guys are a loyal bunch!

Top Bottom