Monthly Thursday night Watercraft enthusiast dinner

I've been thinking and talking to people about this for some time...here is my idea, and what I'm planning on doing here in San Diego County.

I would like to try and bring the watercraft community a little closer together as a whole. We are going to be much stronger on a local level if we can present a united voice and front on all kinds of issues ranging from bringing events to our local areas to securing riding areas, or any other issues that may come up. Plus I think it would be fun to get everyone together once a month.

So my idea is to try and get as many personal watercraft enthusiasts together as we can on a monthly basis. It is my goal to make this open and interesting to anyone from the guy that likes to fish off his SeaDoo, to the guys that run buoys on the weekends, to all of us on here. I will try to have an interesting guest each month...industry people, pro riders, personalities, etc.

The first one in San Diego will be this month on Thursday the 18th. I'm not sure of the venue just yet, and it will depend in part on how many people we will have coming. I'm also very open to suggestions if anyone knows a place that would be good for this type of thing, (enough room, food, cheap drinks ;-) , etc.) Pro racer/freerider Tiago Geitens from Brazil will be staying and training with me that week, and I'm pretty confident that I will have another interesting personality in our sport for us to hang out with as well. I see this as a cool opportunity for people to get to know each other within the sport, and get to know some of the people who make things happen within the industry. I think it would be good for some of the industry people to get to know the community better as well.

My challenge to the rest of you guys around the country is, if this sounds like a good idea to you...do something similar. If I can help in some way, let me know. I think we will have Orange County and LA County covered...and I will update everyone as they come together.

Thoughts?

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Awesome idea Ross. I like it.

Hey, tell Tiago I said hi. :biggrin:
He's still welcome to ride my ski anytime.

Its all about the surf!
This is a really good idea! Not only is our sport enthusiast base incredibly small, its subdivided into different groups like racers, free riders, freestylers, couch tourers, etc. We can all benefit from uniting together reguardless of what style of riding where into. Ross once told me one of the main reasons Oceanside has failed to grant use permits for events is because of the poor turn out in the past. Can't go wrong with something like this and we can all meet some new people. I'm there!

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Awesome idea. We are trying to do something on a smaller scale here, with a trip to visit a semi local vendor of clothing in the following few weeks. We try to get the group together a few times over the winter, to go over ideas, have a few beers, etc. Then a get together later in the summer season at a beach house with hopefully 35-50 people.

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
sweetness. ill be there ross. pry stay and get a ride in too. sounds like a really good idea, broaden the group like you said so we can present ourselves more professionally to keep us ridin + possible events.......... IM DOWN!

vitaly

Анархия - мать порядка!
Hey Ross, that sounds awesome!

And I might repeat myself... maybe it's a good idea to get AWA involved? Just asking...
No, I don't work for AWA, just a member.

Vitaly, great idea. Ray Hinton who runs the San Diego AWA chapter will be there and he is inviting his members. I'm also a member of his chapter. Lots of good guys there.

Danger...we may well be knocking on your door some time the following week. I think we will probably be spending some time up in the Pismo area also.

norcal ex

X-H2
I wish I knew he was coming sooner. I was in Peru for a week with that crazy brazilian!

Ross let me know if you guys go to pismo... i will make a drive down there to ride. I am free the next 2 weekends.

Top Bottom