mowin' the grass again! GoPro creek vid

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
7:37 & 7:52 Sick!!! Killer video!!!!!

I got to do that about 10 years ago on LBI in Jersey....so fun!!!

...until the tide went down and we sucked up mud and got stuck out in the middle of one of those marshes...

the water was HOT and the bugs were gnarley and the mud was up passed your knees....it sucked draggin my old SXI PRO out of there!

Last edited:
I didn't think anyone would know of Sisters of Mercy.....Nice catch Aaron!

DJ, The areas in LBI are probably real similar. The area the video was shot in is about 1.5 miles south of LBI. And yes, if you stop or get stuck it's hell!.....mud up to your kness/waist and green head flies biting the shiz out of you until you get moving again. It's a real incentive to improve your skills!!! These areas are only ridable at high tide, so we all watch the tide clock and rail at the peak of the tide.

Thanks for the feedback....it's really a lot of fun and I think it improves your overall riding. You really learn to how ride your hull and be smooth, plus it's a rush!

Creeks........it's what to do when there's no waves!!

joe b

depth tester
Nice!!! That camera view is alot better to watch,good tunes too... fun rockin' to Primus too:smlove2: Have'nt listened to the Sister's of Mercy in a long time... The first time I heard the Stones doing Give me Shelter I thought they were doing the cover. That grass is getting long... Looks like you have alot of work to do.

...until the tide went down and we sucked up mud and got stuck out in the middle of one of those marshes...

the water was HOT and the bugs were gnarley and the mud was up passed your knees....it sucked draggin my old SXI PRO out of there!

Yep... That is what keeps me away. I always end up like 50yds in the marsh with the green heads on the attack. Them things will chase you in a swarm and if you slow or stop they catch up. :shooter3:

that looks like killer fun although I suspect at those speeds id be 50yrds up in the marsh also. how deep are the thin sections at high tide if you need to get going again?

Grant

That was crazy.

Kept waiting to see you bunny hop some of the small patches of grass in between the turns and then you lit it up at the end. Nice

That was crazy.

Kept waiting to see you bunny hop some of the small patches of grass in between the turns and then you lit it up at the end. Nice

Actually, the challenge when in the creeks is to avoid the temptation to jump over stuff instead of forcing your self to navigate around it! Hopping is a lot easier in most cases. I usually bunny hop stuff once out of the creeks (like at the end of the vid). :fing02:

joe b

depth tester
that looks like killer fun although I suspect at those speeds id be 50yrds up in the marsh also. how deep are the thin sections at high tide if you need to get going again?

hehehe... not deep enough in places. You stand next to your ski with it on its rail, hold it wide, then jump on and hope you don't bottom out befor getting on plane. I do alot of bottoming out & cussing.

Flash-FX

No Square..No Round..FX-1
Cool vid Chief, What happened to the rest of the crew? Nobody drafting your nozzle blast?...Slackers.

Gotta love the "mountain bike trail"...the tide looked a little on the low side, but nice and clean! :beerchug:

Top Bottom