Super Jet Msd Enhancer

i'm picking up my new boat this weekend the Ebox has a Msd enhancer in it. i know its a very common mod for freestyle i just have a few qestions.. what exactly does it do? it it just hook up and do? or do you have to tweak it and play with it?

Thanks guys sorry for the newb question.

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
From what I understand it just allows you to raise and lower your rev limit, and produces a hotter stronger spark. Theres really no reason to mess with it unless the rev limit is set low.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
It does those two things and has a different timing curve than stock. If its already in the ski just leave it alone and run it. They do help out. I like to run a lightened flywheel in conjunction with it.

The only thing that is adjustable on it is the rev limiter. Unless it is set way low and you are bouncing off of it, I wouldn't bother opening the ebox up.

Last edited:
If you have the opportunity get the flywheel lightented, add a freestyle wet wolf cone, 9/17 standard skat-trak impeller, worx 201 intake grate, mill the head for ~170-180 psi and add a Factory B pipe and you are good.

JC

MSD " Multiple Spark Discharge helps to provide complete combustion at speeds up to
3000 RPM by issuing several sparks during each combustion stroke."

I have my rev limiter at 9,000 rpm holly moly she screams...also I read on here before it is good to use silicon over the rev adj screw in case of e-box water intrusion (keeps the msd CDI sealed)....

It's one of the stubby pump cones, rather than the longer factory ones. Have them on both our SJ's, well the blowsion ones. Gives a small increase in pop. Can also be accomplished by boring nozzle instead. Every setup is a bit different and some notice a difference, some don't.

A few different people/companies make them, all relatively the same.

Last edited:
Really quick! My 1991 701 has MSD spark plug boots, how could you tell if you have an MSD enhancer without opening up the ebox? I hope the PO didn't just add those for looks...

Top Bottom