300/440/550 My $100 1989 650sx build...

Bought this modded ski for $100 bucks the other day. My buddy got a completely stock one for $100 bucks also last week.

Its NOT a SUPERJET I know, but I couldnt pass this up. So suck it. :biggrin:

Mods include: Coffman pipe, Coffman Waterbox, SBN44, BCW Intake manifold, Jetlyne extended ride plate, Scoop grate(didnt look to see what manufacturer), WestCoast head, Primer kit, K&N filter and a bad paint job.

DSCN0471.jpg

DSCN0472.jpg

DSCN0474.jpg

DSCN0475.jpg

DSCN0481.jpg

DSCN0477.jpg

DSCN0478.jpg

DSCN0480.jpg

DSCN0491.jpg

Here it is as of right now. I'm taking ALL the paint off and starting over. I'm not sure what color im going to paint it or if I'm going back with the "stealth bomber" look again.
It will be gutted and completely cleaned and returfed for this coming summer. I can't wait.

DSCN0485.jpg

DSCN0486.jpg

DSCN0487.jpg

What do yall think?

good deal,now post up some pics of the cummins.

Thanks,

Here are some pics. http://s347.photobucket.com/albums/p449/SuperDave4x4/Truck%20Exterior/
I dont have any of my new single stack set up, just the redneck duals I had a while back...:laugh2:

Its got 01 motor with and oringed head, 64/71-14 turbo, 5" exhaust to 6" single stack, Edge Drag Comp box, 150hp injectors, SunCoast triple disk torque converter with Jeff Garmon's transmission goodies, Laminated flex plate, billet input shaft, AirDog 150 fuel pump with 1/2" lines, AFE race intake, welded in roll pan and some other odds and ends. I runs pretty good.....:bigok:

UPDATE.

All padding and rail bumpers removed. Old hydroturf in the tray is now out. Engine is removed and sitting the the tray, because I can't unhook the flipping wires that go to the on/off switch on the handle bars. Do I need open up the Ebox and unhook them from inside????

It will be painted as soon as I prep the shat out of it.

Here's what I did saturday night, but I didnt get a picture of what I've sanded so far. I'm taking it all the way down to the hull and/or gel coat.

Shatty cell phone pics..

IMG00331-1.jpg

IMG00330.jpg

IMG00329.jpg

IMG00328.jpg

IMG00327.jpg

IMG00326.jpg

Next Monday I will be back home for Christmas Holidays working on this getting it ready to spray. I can't beleive
I actually want to go home for once...lol

In the 1st, 3rd and 4th pictures you can see what I'm refering to as rubber grommet/rubber cable holders in the bottom of the hull...So will 5200 work for that application?

how do you keep water out of that single pipe when it's raining?? is there some kind of flap?

There is a 90* bend about foot under the bed that connects to my 5" straight pipe from the downpipe and I drilled a little hole in the 90* bend that drains most of the water. Some does build up in there, but it just blows right out.....and puts soot all over the place. :icon16: That's the only downfall of stacks, wether it be single or duals. But it's worth it though!

I have a box full of small odds and ends for SX/X2 if you need something the parts will be free you just pay the shipping....

Thanks orangefinger! The only thing I need so far is a throttle cable. You can see from the 5th picture that it's in need of being replaced. Would you happen to have one of those laying around?

What color do yall think I should go with. I just going with a single stage.
Obviously blue is out since its a Kawi.

Also I need to post a "want" ad for some 4* bars.

There is a 90* bend about foot under the bed that connects to my 5" straight pipe from the downpipe and I drilled a little hole in the 90* bend that drains most of the water. Some does build up in there, but it just blows right out.....and puts soot all over the place. :icon16: That's the only downfall of stacks, wether it be single or duals. But it's worth it though!

Thanks orangefinger! The only thing I need so far is a throttle cable. You can see from the 5th picture that it's in need of being replaced. Would you happen to have one of those laying around?

What color do yall think I should go with. I just going with a single stage.
Obviously blue is out since its a Kawi.

Also I need to post a "want" ad for some 4* bars.

I'm painting an orange ski right now... looks really good... super bright.

Orange also looks good on the water...

I'm painting an orange ski right now... looks really good... super bright.

Orange also looks good on the water...

Yeah, I was just looking at orangefinger's avatar. I like that color. I'm leaning towards silver, orange, and burnt orange so far. I'm gonna call my buddy and see if he can mix something up close to a burnt orange color.

J

Josh977

Nice deal on the ski. The last BCW intake manifold I bought from JetWorld was $95. Some elbow grease n paint & wa-laa a new looking ski.

its actualy like orange with some yellow ...or was it lighter orange....:Banane13:

Attachments

• DSC08301.JPG
    DSC08301.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC08302.JPG
    DSC08302.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 31
I'm kickin the 650sx hull to the curb and dropping the engine into X-2 hull from madscientist that I'm about to buy. I'm just waitin on him to PM me back so a we can figure out where to meet.

I'm changing out the crank seals and a few gaskets in the motor at the moment. I'm just gonna rock it how it is now. There's only a few things left that I can do to it and I'm not gonna spend any money on the motor. I'll drop a 750 in it when the 650 is toast....

Top Bottom