SX/SXi/SXi Pro My 750 sx

I started a winter project , I remove my old decals and sand the ski for the paint . I will put new turf and install my pump . If I have the money I will buy an handle pole . 075.jpg076.jpg077.jpgoutarde 11-09-2011 100.jpg021.jpg

Can explain the process you applied to sand down the storage and fire extinguisher holes. I would also like to see your hydro turf application

I used a sharp chisel to cut off the plastic end caps, glassed over the holes and sanded smooth. I used a hand saw, chisel, hammer and dremel tool to remove the majority of the tubes as well.
IMG_1941.jpg

IMG_1944.jpg

IMG_1946.jpg

IMG_2332.jpg

IMG_2333.jpg

IMG_2340.jpg

IMG_2341.jpg

Thanks, It turned out pretty clean for my first time messing with turf and glass. Just take your time and measure big, you can always cut it smaller as you go. I messed up on the right side and had to stretch it almost a inch near the front, its had to notice unless you look at the pattern, It flairs up a bit.
Also be sure to sand everything down with 60 or 80 grit before putting at least two layers of glue down on both surfaces.

Thanks, It turned out pretty clean for my first time messing with turf and glass. Just take your time and measure big, you can always cut it smaller as you go. I messed up on the right side and had to stretch it almost a inch near the front, its had to notice unless you look at the pattern, It flairs up a bit.
Also be sure to sand everything down with 60 or 80 grit before putting at least two layers of glue down on both surfaces.

Do you have any in progress pics of the fiber glass over the holes. Also which types of glass supplies did you use ?

Thanks , BP

Mark44

Katie's Boss
t

Yours turned out very nice, you can work on my ski anyday.

Do you have any in progress pics of the fiber glass over the holes. Also which types of glass supplies did you use ?

Thanks , BP
I dont have any pics of the glass work. I bought my supplies from blowion, they have a foothold install kit and two part epoxy resin to go with it. I only needed a small amount and didnt want to buy in bulk. most people buy from us composites.

Looking good man, Just a tip while you have that filler out I would smooth out the pump shoe seams to reduce cavitation and also make sure you get a new impeller nose seal. rubber ones are like 5 bucks but it will save your pump bearings and reduce cavitation.

Top Bottom