My 750 X2 Build.

jefferz

www.NJSERIOUS.com
Bought an x2 from a friend didnt know what he had. Paid 100 dollars for it.

So This is how it begins. In Stripping it down found out it has a 750 in it. BONUS!

Heres pictures before i started to dig in.

Attachments

• x2 1.jpg
    x2 1.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 127
  • x2 2.jpg
    x2 2.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 84
  • x2 bars.jpg
    x2 bars.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 90
  • x2.jpg
    x2.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

jefferz

www.NJSERIOUS.com
Heres inside the engine compartment before the tear down.

Attachments

• motor1.jpg
    motor1.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 197
  • motor2.jpg
    motor2.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 167
  • motor3.jpg
    motor3.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 175

jefferz

www.NJSERIOUS.com
Started to pull the motor out by removing the fuel tank and then the exhaust, Found out that the exhaust comes out the back next to the pump and i mean like right next to the pump. Also knew it had dual bilge pumps. Took them out and got to clean them down to find out they are 500 gph provided picture below.

Attachments

• bilge.jpg
    bilge.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 34
  • exhaust.jpg
    exhaust.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 88
  • strip2.jpg
    strip2.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 68
  • strip.jpg
    strip.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 86

jefferz

www.NJSERIOUS.com
and finally the motor, I know a guy whose really good with engines especially small engines. Everything this guy has runs great and fast. He's rebuilding it for me because i'd rather not mess with what i really dont know to much about. I know enough about motors to find out whats wrong and get them running again to a point but i wouldnt know where to start in rebuilding one.

Attachments

• mot.jpg
    mot.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 112
  • mot1.jpg
    mot1.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 90
  • mot2.jpg
    mot2.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 95
  • mot3.jpg
    mot3.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 57
  • mot4.jpg
    mot4.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 86

jefferz

www.NJSERIOUS.com
now i have started to sand it down, but i have not gotten far, ive just been to busy with other things.

but my plans are to repaint it. Also to redesign the bottom of the hull. A guy on a pwc today did it. I got some instructions on how he did his and i'm pretty good with fiberglass.

Here is some pictures of his. and a link to his build thread on pwc today

you really want to check it out even if your a wave blaster fan also because he modified the seat also

http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=121462

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Talk to Crab on here about that bottom mod. You'd have to ask him, but I'm sure he told me he probably wouldn't do it over again. He really liked it, but over all I don't think it was worth it in comparison to just shortening the hull and throwing tubbies on it. Ask him though, I don't want to speak for him.
As far as that engine goes, I'd like to know what that is. I'll give you 10 dolla for it!
You got a hell of a deal man. Good luck to you! Let us know what you find in that engine, please take some pics of the broken down cylinder, bore size etc. I'd never heard the name stamped on the head.
Keep us posted!

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Yea, I like it for surf, but after riding Petes I really think shortened with tubbies is all they need.

3wheelerdude

Talk less, Ride more!
I have filled the bottom of a friends X2 flat this summer and after a few rides on it, I really dont think it was worth it. Not a big difference and lot of time to make it solid and good looking.

I agree with shorten hull and I have yet to try tubbies.

Congrats on the find!

Nice grab. Did you at least use some sort of lube or go with a straight dry run?

For the hull mod, I put on tubbies and cut 2" off the back and have no problems with stability or keeping the nose from "digging".

Last edited:

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
If you just want a regular rebuild, Groupk is only a few bucks more than an SBT motor. And I trust the quality alot more. He had both of my kawi motors back to me in less than 4weeks.

jefferz

www.NJSERIOUS.com
If you just want a regular rebuild, Groupk is only a few bucks more than an SBT motor. And I trust the quality alot more. He had both of my kawi motors back to me in less than 4weeks.

well the motor is already had a ton of work done to it. problem is its need work to get it back to running condition.

Top Bottom