FX-1 My first attempt at a fiberglass plate for my fx-1

I was fixing some things and minor damage on the bottom of my ski and running the tube for the trim when I decided to do c75 skat swirl and rustoleum roller paint the bottom. I figured with the trim on a lever and the new skat I should probably ditch my Pro-tec plate in favor of something more freestyle friendly. I'm sure I could have tracked down a stock plate and did the whole d-cut thing but why not attempt to make my own composite one.

This came from a ghetto mold I made of the pro-tec plate and my first attempt at any fg parts. I've done minor repairs and shaving of things with glass, and also my pump swap, but no real hard experience. Forgive the imperfections, like I said first attempt. Also it still needs one more coat rolled out and lots of wet sanding but any thing iss better than what it looked like before.

Hopefully I can test it out this coming week sometime. I do know it's strong enough for my 130lbs to stand on and bounce with really no flex. It also fits the pump swap nice in clearance and lining up with the shoe area.

Attachments

• plate4.jpg
    plate4.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 39
  • plate1.jpg
    plate1.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 37
  • plate6.jpg
    plate6.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 42
  • plate5.jpg
    plate5.jpg