My Front foothold/Fire Ext holder

Fab'd this up about a month back and figured others might be interested in it as it works perfectly for me.....

Ran into the problem after I upgraded to an after market hood last winter and wasn't keen on tucking the ext. in my engine compartment. Riding without one usually isn't an issue since 80% of my riding is in a secluded area where I have almost zero chance of being stopped, but I was worried about that other times I ride outside my local spot and getting that dreaded $200+ ticket. :banghead:

I've kept my eye out for a SN box but they come by not so often and Ebay was bringing in over $40 for them, in most cases when I was looking even more for incomplete setups. Plus even with the SN box you still need to mod it to become a foothold.

So I ended up using 3" PVC (12.5"), 2 x 3" rubber block off caps w/ the worm gear removed, a velcro strap, and misc alum bar I had laying around, and scrap padding & turf and created my own box/foothold.

It came out pretty nice and fits to my foot perfect..... all for roughly $12. :biggthumpup:

Ironic that the old SN boxes are going for that much now.

Looks good.

You should see the stripper pole mod I did on my SJ since you last saw it :cool:

They have, especially when I was looking...... all came about b.c I liked yours so I kept an eye out.

We need pics of this mod. :cool2:

I just got one on ebay 3 days ago for $18 shipped :bigeyes:

What fire ext. did you put in ther?

Yeah, a week or two after I made this I saw some more that were drastically lower in price.... but still after shipping it equaled 2x even more of what it took to make this. Plus I have extra to make one for my brothers ski.

The regular PWC one fits..... with little room to spare but that's not an issue for me...

WHERE-THE-SEAT-AT
Hey i want to thank you for the great idea, i think it looks better than SN SJ Box.

Here's mine fab it up in 3 hours & 6 bucks.:)

i didnt use brackets like you cause i never jump with my front foot forward. Like this its solid no movement at all :woot:

Attachments

• head gasket 001.jpg
    head gasket 001.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 66
  • head gasket 003.jpg
    head gasket 003.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 46
  • head gasket 005.jpg
    head gasket 005.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 44
  • head gasket 006.jpg
    head gasket 006.jpg