My LPW roundnose Superjet build!

SUPERJET-113

GASKETS FOR CHAMP BRAP!
Site Supporter
This is my newest baby that I built from scratch by buying parts for the last year and a half and working my ass off to get it finished.

This ski is a big step up for me performance wise. All I've ever had for a SuperJet is a 90 squarenose with 650 6M6 cases/RIVA Superstock ported 701 cyl. with dual Pro-tec taper bored modded 38's and a b pipe with protec head/girdle. Not really a "made for freestyle ski", just parts from the old racing days and tried to freestyle with it. I did win 2 IJSBA regional Amatuer freestyle Championships on the square in 01' & 02'. I also raced alot in the early, mid 90's and had some race Kawasaki's too 650SX/750SX(Team Butch back in the day).

Anyways, I took some pics along the way, but not enough to show the complete build as I just wanted to get the work done and not whack around taking pics..lol:biggrin:

I'd like to thanks Paul Lehr(LPW/Jr. www.lehrperformance.com, and Lillian Beaumer(Havasu watercraft salvage www.usedwatercraftparts.com for helping with the real technical stuff like the MSD TL, jetting/pop off specs, tuning, etc! I would also like to thank board members Matt_E and Tomski for some great advice too. Thanks alot guys :woot:

Here are the specs:

Engine/ignition:
LPW freestyle ported 61X cyl. @ 81.50 Pro-X pistons
LPW freestyle/freeride epoxied/ported 62T cases
ADA blue girdled head w/33cc domes
Trued/welded crankshaft
Factory B 701 pipe with LPW headpipe/manifold boring/matching & dual cooling fitting
Moto Tassinari V-force II reeds/cages
MSD complete Total loss dual channel digital ignition w/Honeywell military waterproof power switch from Jetski Solutions
Mikuni dual OEM 44mm carbs with K&N cones/pre-filters on OEM manifold
R&D billet angled reed spacer plate
Jetworks flow control valve
-------------
Hull/handling:
Profesional completely reinforced hull all the way around inside of hull , then gel coated by A-1 Fiberglass. Also reinforced inside BR landing side wall behind foothold area.
Profesional custom paint by A-1 Fiberglass. Foam in nose pocket with reinforcing bond line to bond line.
X-metal scupper
X-metal turnplate
X-metal straight bars w/ ODI Ruffian grips
X-metal hood hooks
Pro-tec billet finger throttle
Wamiltoms 4 hold hood with 5th hold and reinforced
Wamiltons billet alum hull hood receiver hooks
Wamiltons SS hood latch
Wamiltons SS lowered handle pole bracket w/ pinch blocks
Wamiltons lowered composite front nose piece
OEM handle pole cut -2 and wrapped with carbon fiber
Blowsion handle pole pad cover on OEM pad
X-2 front exhaust outlet with Wamiltons alum exhaust "T"
FPP alum waterbox
Rule 500 bilge pump w/ Blowsion midshaft bracket and rotary switch(Jetski Solutions)
24/7 Millenium foot bindings
Hydro-turf grey X moulded turf in tray and around all bumpers
3 Blowsion 1" Gold bypass fittings 6mm
Custom polished alum fuel cap block off plate by JD Machine
----------------
Pump/Driveline:
OEM pump with dual cooling
Skat-trak 12/17 swirl with 5mm cutback
Wetwolf freestyle pump cone
LPW bored pump nozzle
CATS trim system using Superjet pump nozzle with welded bosses for more throw.
Raider steering nozzle with SS Seadoo trim swivel
Terry cable trim cable
Pro-tec billet trim lever
R&D "Lenzi" style intake grate.
Carbon/composite "Lenzi" style Dominator plate with D cut and Jet-Dynamics short plate.
--------------------------

Here is the hull that I started with. It was a virgin cherry 96 with dry foam and no crackage/damage. Also is a pic of the paint job concept I wanted:

Attachments

• test 1.jpg
    test 1.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 237
  • Img_0002.jpg
    Img_0002.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 211
  • Img_0001.jpg
    Img_0001.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 227
  • Img_0005.jpg
    Img_0005.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

SUPERJET-113

GASKETS FOR CHAMP BRAP!
Site Supporter
I'm workin on it! Yeesh, I had to go get my kid from summer camp!:bs2: lol

Some more build pics:

Attachments

• Img_0015.jpg
    Img_0015.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 350
  • foothold 1.JPG
    foothold 1.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 296
  • scupper install.jpg
    scupper install.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 319
  • scupper install 2.jpg
    scupper install 2.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 343
  • Img_0008.jpg
    Img_0008.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 400

SUPERJET-113

GASKETS FOR CHAMP BRAP!
Site Supporter
Finishing body pics with my good camera(got it fixed).
Engine bay pics next!

Attachments

• my 96 SJ side shot.jpg
    my 96 SJ side shot.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 483
  • RN SJ rear shot home.jpg
    RN SJ rear shot home.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 417
  • my 96 SJ front shot.jpg
    my 96 SJ front shot.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 352
  • my 96 SJ rear shot corner rear turf.jpg
    my 96 SJ rear shot corner rear turf.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 365
  • RN SJ body beach hood off picnic table.jpg
    RN SJ body beach hood off picnic table.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 546

SUPERJET-113

GASKETS FOR CHAMP BRAP!
Site Supporter
Couple more pics:
I'm really starting to get used to it now after 4-5 rides and its broken in and all went well! No problems! It has great low snap and a smooth aggresive power band. The porting along with the MSD TL really let it snap off a low idle when you need it. Pauls jetting was right on and I got the pop-off perfect on both carbs.
I want to get my pump nozzle bored to 85mm also for a little better bottom hit.
Of course I want a Lamey cylinder,TNT chamber, Full Spectrums, TBM cone or Magnum pump too!(but who doesnt!)

Attachments

• Superjet RN at body beach.jpg
    Superjet RN at body beach.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 369
  • RN SJ engine shot.jpg
    RN SJ engine shot.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 614
Last edited:

SUPERJET-113

GASKETS FOR CHAMP BRAP!
Site Supporter
Thanks for all the compliments guys! I really appreciated the compliments along with the comments!
As most of you know its a ton of hard work to build a great ski starting from scratch and a pile of accumulated parts. I'm really happy with the way it turned out! :beerchug:

I wasnt able to drill the scupper hole that low in the bulkhead of my '98. It had a screw in the way. How did you get around that?

Well, when I cut the foothold hole on that side I took all the foam out of that trough area because I wanted to reinforce the inner wall on my barrel roll landing side(i roll right). So I was able to see what I was doing to get it that close to the bottom and in the corner as close as possible. I basically let it creep along the wall when i was cutting the holes and foam. There was a screw and a but of SMC stuff on the backside(now that i remember)I had to grind away.

I did it blindly like your talking about on my squarenose, you should see it. Its not near as close to the bottom/corner as this install went.

Last edited:

Mike W

Infidel
There was a screw and a but of SMC stuff on the backside(now that i remember)I had to grind away.

I just went above that screw. I figured it was important so I didnt grind it out. I wish I would have now. The scupper hole on my ski is about 2" from the bottom.

Top Bottom