My new hematoma!!! YAY!!!

Mike Serlin

NOW SPORTING A BIONIC LEG
Alright this sucks. Riding at Oceanside today. The surf was kickin. Trying out supermans with a new handle I bolted to the gunwale. Actually did a couple and got a little over confident. I extended my legs but didn't have time to get back. Tried throwing the ski away but it landed beneath me and I landed on top of it. My hip made contact with the edge of the gunwale.. It hurt so bad I thought I broke my femur. I've been icing it since then and the swelling has gone down a little.

Attachments

• hematoma1.jpg
    hematoma1.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 112
  • hematoma2.jpg
    hematoma2.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 62

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
That looks almost identical to what I did back in 96 or 97 trying to throw away a stab. My femur landed on the rail, thought it broke, etc. Same deal.

Glad you're "ok".

Jawbreaker

Rick James Edition
I hit a wakeboard slider on my ski last year and I ended up with the same result.........I still have a knot on my leg. The doc said not to expect it to go away.

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
I've had a few in the past and they always take a while to go away. But I can't really afford to be out of work right now, and i can hardly walk on the thing

Take some damn Advil.

Walking is overrated, just put your feet in the footwells and brap.

Get well soon.

(Doesn't everyone injure themselves doing Supermans?)

#ZERO

Beach Bum
:eek:uch: Ouch… that thing hurts me just looking at it.

You need to get some of those hockey leg pads if you're going to be doing superman's. :biggrin:

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
i'm still recovering from daytona... i can barely do anything more than just normal walking.. any kind of impact and my ankles feel like that scene from misery.. :banghead:

You see, the trick to effective hobbling is good prep work.

Misery-hobble.jpg

Moondance

Just plain me....
Rub some dirt on it and get back out there! LOL
Not dirt....Windex

In all seriousness Mike, get some horse linament from a pet supply/equestrian store to relieve the swelling. Also, see if your chiropractor/md will do some electric stimulation on it (I know - everyone's minds just over-crowded the gutters even more:biggthumpup:), but that should help on the bruising too.

It looks like it hurts like hell....but DAMN it looks cool as hell too:biggrin:

SJBrit

Extraordinary Alien
That looks pretty gnarly Mike - it's going to take a while to get better. It looks just like my wife's leg after she got kicked in the thigh by an 18 hand horse with hooves as big as dinner plates. She said very bad words, and limped for a long time. I don't think the lump has ever gone down completely. She actually had a hairline fracture on her femur, but nothing worth doing anything about. I'm not sure where to get it in the US, but in England we use Arnica cream to bring out bruising and help it heal faster - works like a champ, although with bruising that deep it'll still take a while.

Mike Serlin

NOW SPORTING A BIONIC LEG
Thanks for the help guys. Here's a picture of what it looks like today. I got the swelling down quite a bit but it still looks crazy...

Attachments

• hematoma3.jpg
    hematoma3.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 59

sea-dude

To Air is Human
That looks almost identical to what I did back in 96 or 97 trying to throw away a stab. My femur landed on the rail, thought it broke, etc. Same deal.

Glad you're "ok".

Same deal here in 02, when the exray's came back I said no way it has to be broken! bruised the bone, messed up my knee, broken rib. 3 months off work from the same thing! I will try to find the pictures.:skull2:

Top Bottom