My new superjet!!

Well maybe its not brand new, but its new to me. Its an 1989 Yamaha Superjet. Completely stock down to the mat. Its in beautiful condition the only problems being paint fade and the mat is worn out. But here is my conundrum, its an 89!?. Yamaha released the Superjet in 1990, but this is an '89. I have searched up and down to find some information on this ski, but have come up empty handed, i have found one classified add for an 89 Superjet on pwctoday, which was sold to a man in Indianapolis, and that's who i bought it from. Back to square one. I have had some people reckon that it was made in 89 and released with the 90's, but if that were true, wouldn't there have been more than just one made in 89? Where are the others? Are there any others? Has anyone heard of any pre 90 superjets? The ski is exlactly the same as a 90, and i would like to do some mods, but i dont want to go tearing apart one of the first superjets possibly ever made. So i would like to find out more on this ski first. Any insight or suggestions is much appreciated.

DirtyJ

Freedom aint free no more
My thoughts are that your VIN tags are not for your ski. You could either have ViN #'s for a wave runner/jammer they were both around in 1989. Like I said thats what Im thinking and there could be many different reasons why your numbers are not correct.

Either way enjoy your "new to you ski" thats were we all start.....The good ol SN

redrrocket

Graphics Guru
boats and registrations get lost over the course of 20 years. Call it the prototype SN. early release SN. Premature release? lol. what does the regi say? it could be a reg from a different boat. but that old i doubt anyone is looking for it.

COngrats on the ride. youll get sucked in shortly.

Yes, I am sucked in. I'm already looking at a heavily modified supertjet (to save me some time and money). Tthe different vin on this one doesn't. Other me, I assume it was just switched, but I'm still hanging on to the theory that its the worlds only 89 superjet worth tens of thousands of dollars :/

89 Superjet

"I'm still hanging on to the theory that its the worlds only 89 superjet worth tens of thousands of dollars" :/

LOL You should use that in the CL ad when you sell it, after many years of abusing it, that is.:headbang:

mademan9

I ride a SuperFrk WannaBe
the hood and nose pc comes from watercraft factory. The paint is just gloss black car paint that i did myself. The sticker kit comes from exoticsigns.com Thanks for the wowness!!!! Here is another pic of my ski and the other one is a white rd nose , myself, and tmc9046 from the x on the yellow sq nose.
IMG_2695.jpgIMG_2686.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom