Freestyle my power is to low end

buxtonous

wannabe
my current set up is....
701 Rn - top and bottom ported, v force 2's, msd ig enhancer, 185psi, lightened flywheel, wiseco pistons, protech mk1 pipe, modified waterbox....

and im currently running a 9/15 hooker my only problem is it hits way to low like 5mph and after 15mph its got bugger all punch left,
so when approaching a setup wake i have to hit it very slow to get any take off but i cant carry any speed in to then jump.

i also only weigh 60kg what sort of pitch would give me more of a 10-15mph hit?

QJS

X-
A 9/15 should work extremely well with that set up and the protec pipe does not produce as much bottom end as a B pipe, you can fit a 10/16 and you can use a programmable ignition to tune the "hit" but I suspect these mods would just be polishing a turd. My advice would be to get the porting sorted.
Chris.

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
What carbs are on it.
When it runs out of punch what is it doing. Does it go flat and not rev anymore ?? or does it start to load up and shake.
Has the boat always felt like this or is it a new thing

Waternut

Customizing addict
Sounds like the high speed circuit on the carb isn't tuned right. My guess is it's too lean but I may be misinterpreting bux's English English... lol

Give the high speed adjuster on the carbs a half to full turn out and see if it gets better or worse.

buxtonous

wannabe
its got stock 38's on there atm, the ski from standing jumps right out of the water! but... if im on the plane at say 10-15mph i can still pop it out of the water but about the same as a stock 701? ill have a go on what waternut has mentioned thanks people :)

QJS

X-
135 Mains with the adjusters@1and1/2 turns out will put you right where you need to be in our lovely climate.
Chris.

QJS

X-
Thats for the tops. Low speed circuit would normally be 1.5 N/S with a 95gm spring with the adjusters at about 1-1/4 but some people use a 2mm needle and seat in which case the low adjusters would not end up that far out.
Chris.
Chris.

1-1/2 on the tops or bottoms?

Hooker is spinning up bux, too low for your state of tune! Does the tray rumble or whoosh when ya throttle up on flat water?! what else has been done to the pump combo? just my 2 pence worth!!

QJS

X-
Rubbish.........unless something crazy has been done with the nozzle diameter you are not going to spin a 9/15 hooker with this set up.
Chris

Hooker is spinning up bux, too low for your state of tune! Does the tray rumble or whoosh when ya throttle up on flat water?! what else has been done to the pump combo? just my 2 pence worth!!

Lol chris, like I said just my 2 pence worth. That hooker is a prop for bottom end and Nowt else, it's doing it's job by the sounds of it by ripping him out the water!

Top Bottom