Other n00b question. First time installing Reeds?

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Replacing the reeds on a 61x mani for the wb1 and the instructions say to use the reed stops. Are they these plastic pieces? Searching around the web I can only find pictures of the 61x with the metal pieces and am wondering if I need those with my carbon reeds?

Should I run the carbon tech reed pedals on top of these? Or do I need to return them and get something else?
FJvjPmH.jpg

What I have:

Carbon Tech Reed Pedals
iflzkgp.jpg

Last edited:
I re-used the metal Reed stops w/my carbontec reeds on my 61x.
They're in place to keep the petals from over opening, and weakening them.
The part in your 1st pic is the the bottom Petal of a 2stage Reed setup.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
I re-used the metal Reed stops w/my carbontec reeds on my 61x.
They're in place to keep the petals from over opening, and weakening them.
The part in your 1st pic is the the bottom Petal of a 2stage Reed setup.

I pulled the manifold out and it didn't have the metal Reed stops. Should I buy a pair or am I fine to run the Boyseen carbon reeds without them?

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
I would "guess" it would be ok to run the stiffer carbon reeds without a stop if you were in a hurry to get back on the water. however, I dont think the plastic ones would hold up long without a reed stop.

Long term I would defiently find a set of used reed stops to run and swap them in when you have time.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Should I run them with the 2stage pieces? Right now it looks like I just screw on the carbon reeds and that's it? But all the pictures I see look like there is more to it.

I am now thinking I may have ordered the wrong thing? Carbon Tech Reed Pedals.

Last edited:
You never get a break do you? The busted up pirate ski, to 550 being a turd tp this? Lol you need a new sport haha. Call tyson and run over to grab a pair from him, he will even install them i bet and only charge for the part. If youd like il give him a call for you

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
You never get a break do you? The busted up pirate ski, to 550 being a turd tp this? Lol you need a new sport haha. Call tyson and run over to grab a pair from him, he will even install them i bet and only charge for the part. If youd like il give him a call for you

If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all. I was able to get the pirate ski and the 550 reliable and tuned, then I pancaked and cracked the hull on the SN last weekend... On the bright side I know more about skis than I ever cared too... Who is Tyson?

Top Bottom