Blaster Need help on a stock spec blaster build

Ive had my bone stock blaster 1 for about two years, it runs grate but i bought some buoys and now I want to race the spec class, I need help with what performance parts I need. So far ive bought a jd ride plate, worx wr201 intake grate, and a 11/17 hooker impeller. Im trying to find out the motor work I need to do. Also the ski ran great sense im in there should I do a pump, midshaft motor rebuild? Also can a single carb 61x be competitive, any help would be great thank you

My wife has a sport spec b1 with a 61x. We have Factory Mod exhaust, dual Riva mani with 44's, enhancer, R&D head, worx 201, impeller, UMI steering, OP rideplate, Riva waterbox, boyeseen reeds

I found a used factory pipe setup but it has the limited chamber will that still be good or should I just buy the manifold and head pipe from him and look for a mod chamber or even the nynja c4 chamber?? The mods I plan on doing is a head with 35 domes and a msd enhancer any help would be great thanks

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Either pipe would be great. I read that the nynja is awesome but haven't seen too many reviews from any people who own them.

Limited will be fine. That's a good prop. 35cc domes will be great, be sure to run 93 or even add a touch of race gas to be safe 1gal to 4gal 93. No need for dual carbs, just spend a lot of time tuning. The msd is great too.

Hate that ride plate, otherwise you're on the right track

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
To answer your original question, no a single carb 61x will not be competitive. The best motor setup for this class is a 62T/62T. You need to build on that foundation.

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
Limited will be fine. That's a good prop. 35cc domes will be great, be sure to run 93 or even add a touch of race gas to be safe 1gal to 4gal 93. No need for dual carbs, just spend a lot of time tuning. The msd is great too.

Hate that ride plate, otherwise you're on the right track

No race gas allowed in that class. Make sure you don't go over 185 psi comp.

If you really want to be competitive in this class, dual carbs are a must, and Im not talking about a dual carb mani on a 61x case. You definitely need a 62T case with at least dual 44s.

Thanks for all the help guys im going to build a 62t/ 61x motor slowly I think im going to run the class with my single carb 61x for a bit tell I get the motor done mainly for the race experience

A properly set 61x with a stock carb can be competitive. I took second overall in one round with that set up last year. Don't fall off.

Race gas isn't allowed but anyone who thinks mixing a gallon into your gas for safety is going to alter how the boat runs at all is misinformed. You can run straight 93 with 35cc domes and stock porting. The race gas just allows you an extra margin of safety.

In the end the ideal set up is a 62t/61x (hits better than 62t/62t) with dual 44 aftermarket carbs but you don't need all of that to finish near the front.

There's a lot of people who will tell you to throw every part imaginable on your boat to be competitive. That's nonsense. I've watched spec boats take podium finishes in mod class. The rider is the most important part of the recipe, don't forget that while building your boat.

The second part, TUNE.

It really can, and to bring it all together and have it run no better than it did to begin with can be really discouraging. Stick with it though and and take it one thing at a time. You'll have it ripping in no time.

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
Thats racing bro. Usually the guy with more money wins. Just have fun is all I can say about that.

No doubt, if you are a good rider you can podium in certain regions on a single carb set up. Are we talking about the rider or the boat here? If all other things are equal, I can tell you that a fully built sport spec blaster can barely edge out a basically stock HX to the first buoy. After that first turn, the HXs have the advantage. Keep that in mind.

Ok New question I broke the plastic fuel selecter knob taking it off, ive herd a lot of people just bypassing it what exactly do you need to do with the extra line pictures would be great, also now your going to have a hole there would that be a horrible place for a bilge pump bail out?

Top Bottom