Super Jet Need spring for rrp handlepole

STOMPER

FIBERGLAS MULISHA
Can i use a spring with dual breather hose?My set up has no spring & i dont like it!Can some one post a pic of there set up with a spring.Thanks

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
I have found that a modded stock spring works much better than the Blowsion one as it takes being heated up and bent better. Mark your bend area and focus all the heat within 1/2" of the bend mark. Bend slowly as soon as it turns red hot and quench in oil immediately once bent to position. Its very quick and simple if you lock a pair of long nosed vise grips onto the end before heating.

As for proper preload position, the stocker is too light and the pole is heavy, the Blowsion is too stiff and the pole stands straight up and is a pain in the azz. The ends that sit in the spring cradle are 90deg different between the OEM and Blowsion unit and the ideal position is right in the midle of the two. For a perfectly neutral RRP pole, the OEM needs to be bent 45deg further or the Blowsion spring needs to be straightened out 45deg if that makes any sense.

Install the cooled spring onto the pole, set the end onto the spring cradle and then collapse the pole. It may bend the spring slightly the first time you collapse the pole but that is normal and it will be perfect after that.

You can fine tune the pole tension a bit more with the pole pivot bolt if required.

I will have my ski in the garage tomorrow and can post pics if required.

Last edited:
Hey guys , I'm also struggling with this , OCD helped a lot but would like to ask if he is using the RRP spring tensioner when he bends the blowsion HD spring, I can't seem to get the bolt through the spring .

I'm not sure what ski your working on. If your installing a RRP pole on an SXR I feel your pain with the pole springs. I struggled with this several years ago. I'm no expert, but below is what I did to get a spring on our SXR.

Several people told me to get the RRP bracket and Yamaha spring, so that's what I did.

245brmf.jpg

2rx8ady.jpg

I struggled with the bolt going thru the spring and if the spring should be in the hole on the RRP bracket (like pictured). I ended up cutting and bending two springs and I still couldn't get anything close to working. Luckily I found a post (can't remember where) that helped me.

It said to go back to the Kawasaki spring and cut the end off. I can't tell you exactly how much to cut off, but flip the bracket over on the bench and put the bolt with spring thru the bracket. The cut off end of the spring will sit in the bracket right where the hose is about go into the bracket. In other words the hose will lay on top of the cut off spring end when the bracket is laying upside down. Cut the spring off at a length to get to to lay in the bracket as low and flat as possible so you can get the hose in.

Kind of like this.

28kn5si.jpg

Note; I can't remember if it's the long end or short end of the spring you cut off so be sure to put the spring and bolt on the ski without the pole and see which end rides on the correct part of the bracket. It's covered with a 3/8" hose in this pic of the final install.

1zp4e4l.jpg

You will think there is no way the hose will fit with the spring end in there, but keep working with it and use a lot of WD-40 and the hose will slip into the correct position. I ground a flat spot on the top of the spring end to get the hose to slip in easier.

Sorry about the poor computer skills, but here are a couple of drawings I made to explain it to someone else a few years ago. Ignor the yamaha spring in this photo, the red circle is where the cut off end of the Kawasaki spring should rest. If you leave it too long it will interfere with the hose going into the tube.

2zjf71l.jpg

kf1s13.jpg

The red line is the bolt and you can see the approximate location of the cut off end of the spring and where it rests in the bracket (Obviously on the other side of the hoses in the photo).

Stupid me, I just noticed I was in the SJ forum, never mind.

Last edited:

OCD Solutions

I used the RRP tensioner on both mine.

I can't remember exactly which method worked to install the spring but it was a combination of sliding the pivot bolt in from one end while using a long tapered center punch from the other end to keep things in place.

I also seem to recall it being easier to slide the pivot bolt through before you put the spring up on the RRP tensioner. Once the spring is in place, use a pair of pliers and a prybar to get the end of the spring up on the little platform.

It's not pretty in the end but it works.

dfa95e66ee17a5bd46032e8a40181f8a.jpg

Last edited:

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
750sx and SXR springs are the way to go, the smaller diameter makes installing the breather tubes much easier.

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
Yamanube does the Kawi spring work sweet with the yamaha bracket ? Even the HD spring ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used it with an X-Metal stainless steel bracket and it worked well, I cannot be certain of the fitment with other brackets.

skifun

"scientia est potentia"
Hay Baja 252 Thanks for the photos of the kawi spring I bought the rrp spring bracket and sj spring and it didn't work but your illustration of how to install the kawi spring worked for me with a blowsion kawi spring:)

O
I used the RRP tensioner on both mine.

I can't remember exactly which method worked to install the spring but it was a combination of sliding the pivot bolt in from one end while using a long tapered center punch from the other end to keep things in place.

I also seem to recall it being easier to slide the pivot bolt through before you put the spring up on the RRP tensioner. Once the spring is in place, use a pair of pliers and a prybar to get the end of the spring up on the little platform.

It's not pretty in the end but it works.

dfa95e66ee17a5bd46032e8a40181f8a.jpg
OCD did you use an oem spring and did you have to cut down your spring to make it fit

OCD Solutions

OCD did you use an oem spring and did you have to cut down your spring to make it fit

IIRC, I used the OEM spring. I bought a Blowsion but found it was sprung too much and ended up modifying the OEM.

I detailed it somewhere years ago but I found that bending the tab on the spring was needed regardless of which spring you try to use. If you have the Blowsion spring, you have to take out 45 deg of bend and if you have OEM, you have to increase it by 45 deg.

If you have both and hold them up side by side you will see what I'm talking about in reference to the arm that rests on the hull side. The ideal spring tension is right in the middle of the two.

Top Bottom