New 2 me, WR250R

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
Got an offer on my crf230 that I could not refuse...then scored this WR250R off ebay with only 41miles on it! Best part was it was very little extra out of pocket after I sold my other bike! So stoked!!! Of course DMV is closed today, so I cant go tearing around town, but took it for a spin around the block and I'm very impressed. For a street legal (which it MUST be in NJ) its awesome and does not feel heavy like I thought it would. Just needs some knobbies and ready to rock!

wrr_1.JPG

wrr_2.JPG

Last edited:

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.
I've ridden that bike quite a few times. My mom rides the WR250R as her trail bike (I'm too die hard two stroke lol). It's a torquey little bastard. :)

I'm sure you will enjoy it once you get it off the tarmac!

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
Put 50 trail miles on it and relized it it geared WAY WAY to high. (Does about 50mph in 3rd!!!) Ordering a 50tooth for the rear and longer chain. Other then that the bike is incredible. I am so happy with it. New knobbies also going on this week. Eventually I will do more mods to it, but I am super happy with the performance for the woods.

Last edited:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
uh, it is a street bike that can ride on the dirt!!!!!!!!! Of course it is geared high!!!!!!!!!!

Plus it sucks as a track bike. Sell it, get a yzkxrmcr'f

;)

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
uh, it is a street bike that can ride on the dirt!!!!!!!!! Of course it is geared high!!!!!!!!!!

Plus it sucks as a track bike. Sell it, get a yzkxrmcr'f

;)

I dont ride tracks. Needs to be legal plated (and dmv inspected) to ride trails in the state parks here. You cannot scam a plate onto a yzkxrmcr'f in NJ. This is the best we can use here (besides a ktm or husky). Its no mx bike for sure, but it kicks ass for a street legal "dirt" bike.

Last edited:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I dont ride tracks. Needs to be legal plated (and dmv inspected) to ride trails in the state parks here. You cannot scam a plate onto a yzkxrmcr'f in NJ. This is the best we can use here (besides a ktm or husky). Its no mx bike for sure, but it kicks ass for a street legal "dirt" bike.

I was kinda messing with you.

I love those bikes!

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
Yeah I think I picked up a 49 tooth rear for my WRX but never got around to putting it on. The pipe makes a huge difference, a power programmer will help to, I just added a resistor inline on my air intake temp sensor to trick it into adding fuel across the board and it worked pretty well.

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
Ya, not that I need more diplacement...but I dont get why any of the big japanese manf have not put out a 450 DS. KTM has the only game in town for that size. On a side note, I spent a few laps on a Husky TE250 with a big bore kit and rest of the goodies. That had TONS of power in a very light package. Was very impressed.

Top Bottom