300/440/550 New 550

Hey. My name is Cody i just bought an '85 550. I was wondering if there are any mods that are suggested to make on it...? i got it for $400 and started right up. It has cosmetic wear, but probaly normal for an '85. Any suggetions or info would help!

Post a few pics so we can see what you got going on. If its completely stock I'd say start with 0 or 4* bars, finger throttle, extended ride plate, scoop intake grate and 13/18 solas or 15.5 scat impeller.

Have you had it in the water yet?

start out with the baisics. Bars for sure. Get a lanyard face plate for the on off buttons. since you have the intake and ride plate your good there. next i would say a 15.5* impeller. Then after you will need and exhaust with a manifold(the '85 manifold doesnt bolt up to am ones.) then mill the head and you should have a decent reliable 550.

If you want the newer stock exhaust, the jetpower. I have one I'm not using that I could sell to you for cheap. There's a lot of different pipe options though so check out what there is first and let me know. I think you might need it if you want to run a half pipe though. I'm not sure because I've never run one before.

Top Bottom