New diet. Anyone tried it?

My girlfriend's neighbor started a diet ~9 months ago and has lost a butt load of weight. All it is is he can't eat anything past 4 pm. He eats dinner at 4 and calls it quits for the night. I've seen him drink beer past 4 but he won't eat anything. Seems easy enough. What do you think?

IS0LD0UT

I hate winter
I have been told recently, that not eating 3 hours before bed is helpful to weight management.

Thats what I was thinking. I used to go to a month long sports camp that made us drink 2 cups of whole milk before bed because we were so active haha

motozachl

uPsiDeDoWn
4pm seems a bit early but this ideal is very true. Anything you eat before bed will get stored, not eating will cause your body to eat itself so to speak

Buckwild12

I'm moved by DASA power!
Eat a big lunch, and have a salad or something light for dinner, I was amazed how much I lost by following that formula without really changing my activity level. I lost weight and was not starving myself in the least, I was never really hungry.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
I bet you sleep alot better too which would only add to the benefits and make you feel so much better just in itself.

I need to lose a few pounds I put on after recent surgery so I'm game for an experiment.

the WaTeRhAwK

fryin' up a/m electrics..
I've found that getting up off my ass and off the computer, and out on the water, I can eat like a friggin horse and still maintain a normal/healthy body weight....lol

just sayin'. : )

a calorie is a calorie no matter when you consume it. unless you can provide a link to a study that proves otherwise. your neighbor has lost weight because he isn't stuffing himself with food while watching tv or doing whatever he does at night.

Time to put the myths to rest...for the record, i consume 75% of my calories in one meal at night. Since doing this I've lost over 30lbs of fat.

my sources...tons more, but i'm tired and these were the first to pop up in a simple search.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3508745

larger meals at night shown to cause more fat loss compared to larger morning meals (which showed more muscle loss)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9040548

"ingestion of larger AM meals resulted in slightly greater weight loss, but ingestion of larger PM meals resulted in better maintenance of fat-free mass. Thus, incorporation of larger PM meals in a weight loss regimen may be important in minimizing the loss of fat-free mass."

Last edited:
D

David Myles

According to recent research,water and green tea is the best way to lose your weight.I took 8 to 12 glasses of water gradually and 2 to 3 times cup of tea in a day.And now i feel much difference in my weight.

Yes
I have heard about this new diet it is called stop being a fatass and do something, anything.

Wow I am amazed by the number of "broscience" myths in this thread. Do you guys actually believe this? Just as HugeErect said above... Its simple calories in vs. calories out. Basic units of energy. If you are consuming (more,less, or the same) number of calories than you are burning, you will weigh (more,less, or the same).

Top Bottom