New HOODSEAL, The Infamous D-seal w/pics

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
On a Quest about this time last year a thread was started "http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/3715" because a new hoodseal was discovered by yamaslut, which is claimed to be better than the OEM hoodseal, However knowone could get into contact with the distributer. To make a long story short, I have been talking with the guy at Britech and finely got a 3' sample sent.

I am making this thread to see if their is still an interest with this, MUCH cheaper and "better than oem" hoodseal. The only down side is they dont make it in small quantities. A minimum of 250 feet :bigeyes: has to be ordered at a time. The price i would sell it would be around $12 and come in about 8 foot sections plus a flat rate (most likely USPS Priority) shipping. This is the gasket w/o the 3M backing as the tape adds double the cost and not as good as DAP contact cement.

Last but not least this will fit nearly all model jetski's. Not just a Superjet. check dimisions to make sure it will fit in your ski's hoodtrough
9187final.jpg

Below are a few pictures of the 3' section i sampled ..pics might take a few seconds to load

IMG_6387.jpg

Pic of seal placed (not glued) in hood channel to show tight fit
IMG_6386.jpg

IMG_6383.jpg

Pic of seal installed
IMG_6390.jpg

easily bends around corners w/o squashing up
IMG_6395.jpg

Showing pictures of how the gasket wraps up and out the lip of the hood once latched.
IMG_6399.jpg

IMG_6400.jpg

IMG_6403.jpg

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Shipping info:
All orders are going out through USPS Priority Mail (2-3 days) with Delivery Confirmation/Tracking.
I'll be printing postage lables via paypal shipping tool, so you should get an email once i ship your order.
Sorry, i will not ship outside the US because simply it will just take to much of my time filling out all the customs forms.

Pricing rundown see attached
1 hoodseal shipped $16.60 = $12 + $4.60 shiping
2 hoodseals shipped $30.20 = $24 + $6.20 shiping
3 hoodseals shipped $44.25 = $36 + $8.25 shiping
4 hoodseals shipped $56.25 = $48 + $8.25 shiping

Enjoy

Attachments

• shipping.jpg
    shipping.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
what gives?

I called, I emailed?
******** where is my sample?

anyway...
it looks good.

Ill buy some, in fact if its cheaper by 1000' feet, let me know. I might do that and sell it in whatever lengths are needed.

let me know.

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
Hey Bro, pm me yer paypal addy anytime u r ready to pull the trigger!!! I need 2. THANK YOU for the effort to improve the CAUSE!

G

gostroker

that seal looks like it is made of weather stripping type material (unlike rubber used in the OEM seals) I don't think it's gonna last very long before it becomes flattened

ski4

gonzo
there has to a way to get enough to try this for real and see how it hold up in real world use

that being said i would probably invest in the cause though

SUPERJET-113

GASKETS FOR CHAMP BRAP!
Site Supporter
[
for $12 a pop though... come on.

Ya, you could use 10 of them vs. 1 OEM
I've tried seals that were made out of the same inner porus material and they loose the memory too soon. The solid rubber(like OEM) is much better IMO.
That same or similar design in SOLID rubber would be the shizz...

I would invest and try some though and keep it as a backup spare for now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom