New Mountain Bike

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Decided it was time to upgrade back in September. Old Gary Fisher Sugar was wore out.

Was planning to build up a Titus Motolite but ran across a smoking deal on a 09 Titus FTM.

Done some swapping out of parts that I did not care for. Dropped about a pound or more of the weight. Down around 27.5 lbs now. Would love to drop another pound but that may not happen.

Upgraded crank to an SLX.
Changed out Mavic Crossride wheelset to Stan' Notubes ARCH wheels with ZTR hubs with notubes conversion to non UST tires.
ESI Grips (Very light).
XT cassette with Sram PC89r lightweight chain

Pics inside shop were the night I got it.
Pics outside are after some upgrades.

Attachments

• FTM 002.jpg
    FTM 002.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 73
  • FTM 003.jpg
    FTM 003.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 43
  • FTM 004.jpg
    FTM 004.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 42
  • FTM 005.jpg
    FTM 005.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 47
  • FTM 006.jpg
    FTM 006.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4477.jpg
    IMG_4477.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4475.jpg
    IMG_4475.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_4478.jpg
    IMG_4478.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
I weighed my hardtail the other day, 28.2lbs setup as a 1x9.

I'm already considering doing a full suspension XC setup just to soak up some of the bumps. I need to start selling some stuff to get the $$ together.

BTW, figuring out what the differences are between downhill, all mountain, cross country, etc bikes is mind boggling.

Last edited:

accbr

addicted
Ha. The new expensive hobby begins. :mischievous: Don't try to fight it.

I have a Cannondale Prophet 4 if you want to try it. It might be a little small for you though. It's considered an All Mountain bike. You can change the head angle from 67.5 to 69 degrees depending on what you're doing. Doesn't sound like much, but it makes a big difference on the handling.

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
I weighed my hardtail the other day, 28.2lbs setup as a 1x9.

I'm already considering doing a full suspension XC setup just to soak up some of the bumps. I need to start selling some stuff to get the $$ together.

BTW, figuring out what the differences are between downhill, all mountain, cross country, etc bikes is mind boggling.

let me know if you're going to sell or part out your bike.

Martin33

LIVE ACTION !
Sweet bike man!! Ive got the RacerX Carbon, wouldnt trade it for nothing.....well......maybe a Trinity hull....lol

Daniel

danielmartin.jpg

Big Kahuna

Administrator
you been reading up about their woes? They should have listened to Dave!!!!!!!!! Glad they got a new lease on life.

Top Bottom