Freestyle newbie question

IMG00294-20111228-0737.jpgIMG00291-20111228-0736.jpghey folks i have a question. tomarrow im getting a used prolly needs some reparair yamaha. no tittle so i will have to file for lost tittle. thing is is the person im getting it from only knows that it is a yamaha. so here are some pics. anyone have any clues? he says the onlything wrong is the kill switch.

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
You're a grammatical catastrophe.

That's a kickass Yamaha FX-1. Great little skis.

If the kill switch is the only thing wrong, then have him start it up for you. You can always pull the plug boots off the plugs to kill it (wear gloves)

I doubt it will start. The carb is most likely gummed up to all hell and the gas is half water by now. Pull the plugs and see if you can spin the coupler by hand.

I like the ski.

Good luck.

wow i take it that it is a good ski then? im not paying anything near 1200 for it? ill tell you tomarrow after i pick it up. i will get him to start it for me . he rann it last summer so im hoping for the best. now. suggestions on improovements? oh. i do some custom airbrush work on the side so the paint job will be the first to get the axe.

hell i have to start somewhere right? who knows might turn out to be a good thing. mostly i was just looking for something to paint. the manager at a place in longview said i could paint one and set it up in his shop as a display. i havent seen many with custom paint jobs here where im at.

Man grab that thing. Tear it all apart piece by peice and replace the peices that need replacement. Then you wont be beating around the bush with numerous possible outcomes of why it doesn't run.

Id rebuild the carb first, Go through the engine, check reeds stator with ohm meter, replace all gaskets, clean it all up. If compression is good run 32:1 for your first tank. Id also open the ebox and spray it all down with some silicon spray for water resistance. Empty gas tank, replace fuel lines / fuel filters, replace spark plugs, New gas and it should run like a champ. LMK how it turns out.

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
If at all possible, don't go much over $500.00 if at all. If it's as clean as said you will do good, but sometimes you run into unforeseen issues that run up the cost and grief. But... When it's all done and it's running good, not much else matters but the huge friggin smile on your face. Keep us posted.

If at all possible, don't go much over $500.00 if at all. If it's as clean as said you will do good, but sometimes you run into unforeseen issues that run up the cost and grief. But... When it's all done and it's running good, not much else matters but the huge friggin smile on your face. Keep us posted.
i will keep progress updated. thanks for everyones help. and input. every step will be updated. somethin else unrelated. ive seen videos of people doing what looks like a tailwhip 360 attempt. i just wonder why nobody has tried to make a rotor for the handle bars.

ok thanks. if in fact it turns out that im not able to get the title , where can i get the body of an fx1. without have to sell a kidney.

Top Bottom