300/440/550 nice start/stop switches on ebay ..

Just bought a few off this guy and they arrived today . Nicely packed , nice switches . Brand new with lanyards :) also has a intermitant button for a bilge I was thinking .. I may use it on a second bilge onmy X2 or on a stand up that doesnt take on a lot of water .. since button would haveto be held to keep bilge on ..

thought I would pass it on .. nice switches for cheap I think ...

Attachments

• 9e9b_1.jpg
    9e9b_1.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 52b1_1.jpg
    52b1_1.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 156

professor961

Selling all X2 and 650 parts - message me!
They look nice. I see he has 100 available. I might buy one. Hey ang - does the switch have the plastic knub in the bore to align with the hole in the handlebar or is it just a gripper? Know what I mean? Let us know. Thanks Prof

showmepro1200

ISJWTA Member #007
Looks like the late 90's early 00's Polaris switches. I have the same thing on my Pro1200. But I know that some of the mfrs used a very similar setup around that time.

Where it says "primer" is the bilge button on the Pro.

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
I bought a switch identical to that years ago from EBAY.

I asked the seller before hand if the switch was momentary or not, he said that it was not. so I bid, won, and got it.

and of course the switch is MOMENTARY.

you have to hold it in for the bilge to work, so Ive never used the switch at all, its a back up start/stop I guess.

showmepro1200

ISJWTA Member #007
Yes its momentary. And on a sit-down thats all you should need. I have to say I have never had to pump water out of the bilge in my Pro in 4 years of ownership.

I'll say one thing for Polaris - at least the bilge works w/o the machine running - I happened upon a guy with a sinking XP one afternoon and asked the guy why he wasn't using his bilge to keep afloat (he had rolled it) He looked at me like I was the crazy one and said he couldn't get the motor to start so he couldn't use the bilge pump. Blew my mind. What a dumb way to wire the pump.

Anyway, I went off topic there. The switches, if they fit your needs, are probably very good quality. Never had a miss, like my SN Yami switch I had to replace :rolleyes: Sounds like a good price too.

Snackem

Danger Zone
I might be wrong but wouldn't a switch be universal? I mean couldn't you wire a Yamaha SJ with a Kawi or Polaris switch if you wanted to?

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
I would think they should be universal (just have to cut off the standard connectors) but I was wondering if you can put a start/stop with a teather on a ski that didnt originally have one?

Snackem

Danger Zone
I think that if you had a good two bold clamp that you could attach the switch to then you could put it on any bar that the clamp would fit around.

I think the momentary bilge would also be usefull when using a second bilge or as a back up on my 750 .. i dont do sub after sub so it would be great !
and of course you can put it on a ski that never had a tether before .. I like the idea of my x2 having it on when i let newbie goobers try my ski .. if i dont want to always use it I can warp it around the bars :)

Snackem

Danger Zone
I was thinking the same thing. It would be nice to have the lanyard there as an option.

Top Bottom