Northgraphics Virus!!!

Just went to his site to email him about some stuff and it said I needed a plug in.

Well its a nasty virus! I have not had a virus in years!

Abe...you have been hacked and now I will probably have to F with my computer all day. I am currently in safe mode with networking trying to remove this crap!

BEWARE!!!!!

Alright. AVG and Spybot S and D cleaned it up I think.

I am back in regular mode and my machine let me put my background pic back up.

I hate viruses!!!!

I knew I had every plug in I needed but I was like maybe I need something. So I clicked install missing plug in and BAM!!!! Hijacked by XPantivirus2008!!

What BS!!!

My God! Just tested it on a beater computer and sure enough!

It is nasty!!!!

Don't click install missing plug in!! Once you click it its to late. Infects immediately!

Ericfox

Do it twice?That's DooDoo
I have used panda scan thing... it works pretty good... its online free virus scan.... do a search in yahoo if you've never seen it... its pretty good for being free... I always give a fake email address... if I remember they ask for one... I hate spam

Yea AVG handled it nicely but dayum that was scary.

I have a highly tweaked gamer and I hate reloading all of it.

I wonder how this happens to someones site?

That is fairly sophisticated.

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
Did you let him know? He doesn't get on here much, and it's doubtful he'll see this thread.

I'm not seeing it in Firefox or IE7?

I'm not getting a request to install plug in on IE either. Just tried it.

But I get it on Mozilla. I probably am missing a plug in but his plug in link has been hijacked.

He is aware of it. His people said they fixed it but yikes!!! Nasty!!

I'm pretty sure it just wiped me out through a router and antivirus.

I had thought AVG got it all but now the OS is shot. Wow. Laptop for me the rest of the day I guess.

I'm trying to use chkdsk /r from CDROM but it is seriously chunking.

This blows.

59%

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
Many cooties these days are what are called rootkits. They dig in so far into Windows that they can hide from virus and spyware scanning software.

I worked on one laptop. Got it to where it would come up clean on all scans. Three reboots later it was back.

The only way to fix it is was a system rebuild/recovery. The best thing to do is run something like Norton Ghost on a regular basis to back up your complete system configuration:
http://www.symantec.com/norton/ghost
Set it up in your calendar! I'm behind on mine so thanks for the reminder.

Then if you get cooties:
Copy out recent data, bookmarks, etc
Ghost it back a couple days or weeks
Copy your data back in.

I got hit New Years day this year. I fixed it in 45 minutes l like nothing happened. It's like having a time machine.

So Jett what are you doing going to infected web sites? Nive to want to help but doesn't seem very safe to me.

65%

:sadwavey: bye bye OS.

Gotta go! See what its doin when I get back. :banghead::rocketwhore::rocketwhore:

It almost appears as though my hard drive is toast!

coincidence?

Yea I got a current image. I use R-drive. Super good program.

It just sucks and I wanna see how far it got in before I killed the power to the system.

The worst viruses i have seen are the ones that add hidden partitions to the drive and unless you go in and delete ALL partitions and then re create one then the virus will just rebuild itself over a couple of hours or less.

They are brutal and the ones I have seen come form Limewire. Nasty!!

But for this one to just walk right in and do so much damage so quickly....WOW!

Alright back up and running. No signs of trouble.

Chkdsk /r fixed it but it crashed the first time.

That was nasty!

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
You big computer baby, that was too fast to be nasty.

I just had one a few weeks ago that took over 9 hours for chkdsk to finish, had over 18,000 bad sectors. Post mortem diagnosis: mottherboard was going bad (laptop) and disk controller failed first, corrupting hard drive, it finally smoked completely and wouldn't even POST. I was able to get most of their files including about 7gb of itunes music at least.

Top Bottom