Nose Stabs Surf Stance vs in rear footholds?

Hi everyone,

Im finding it easier to do a nose stab in surf stance. Anyone agree? Why cant i do it in the footholds? Are there riders out there pulling off sick tricks in surf stance or do i need to figure it out in the footholds?

thanks
P

Frosty

New York Crew
surf stance is the best... feels more comfy and looks sick.

I only use my footholds for flat water... in waves, I use Dakine straps in surf stance.

Thanks for the reply, are you doing nose stabs, 360, etc in surf stance?

im getting nervous im going to be limiting my tricks because of stance?

Surf stance with all surf tricks looks better but you ll find that the bigger you go the more you have to pull your rear foot out and put forward to brace yourself since your actually entering water inverted sometimes. Nose stabs fifteen feet plus I need to pull my rear foot out to brace for impact .

Surf Stance for everything. Stabs, subs, 180s, wake stabs, inverted stabs, and attempted rolls.

Feels way better and you can get alot more forward on the ski. Straight legging for me feels like my knees are going to buckle, and the ski just wants to shoot nose high.

Surf stance with all surf tricks looks better but you ll find that the bigger you go the more you have to pull your rear foot out and put forward to brace yourself since your actually entering water inverted sometimes. Nose stabs fifteen feet plus I need to pull my rear foot out to brace for impact .

Pull your rear foot out of what?

ntrsspray

I do DUMB THINGS!!
look at his avatar maybe thats what he means

if thats not his arm

If your talking about SpecialFX he and we our FX crew do it all in surf stance. No holds because we don't have them. No straps either. Specials avatar is a roll with no holds or straps. Pure inertia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swapmeet

Brotastic
In anticipation of replacing my holds, I wonder why i'll even bother with the left one. I can't get comfortable with both feet back.

Nose stab is pretty much the only trick I can halfway do, and its in surf stance... on flat water. BAM!

kcmasterpiece

Sweet Baby Ray's Sucks
i just started learning nose stabs in surf stance. I ride left foot forward and do them to the right in surf stance, and to the left with my feet in the holds. im still working on landing my rolls, so i still use the holds for those.

just do whatever feels the most comfortable for you. what works for others, isnt always the best for you. You will find as your riding improves, your style will change, therefore stance will change with it...

I always do em surf stance.. Rode for 2 yrs b4 I even got foot holds so I had learn them a bit. I feel more stable/in control in surf stance. I snow board as well so it feels more natural to stand 1 forward 1 back. I like that in surf stance I can keep my body weight easily movable where as in my foot holds I'm just sorta standing on the tail of my ski. All 200lbs on the nozzle..I do straight airs in the footholds tho bc I can pull up hard with both feet.. I wanna get a dakine strap for my front foot though bc jumping now surf stance = front foot gets a lil floaty..
In the holds = security though. If I fall while riding in the holds I can turn the bars, gas it and stand right back up..
Surf stance I usually get separated from the tray/ski..

Last edited:
ya I just bought a foot strap for the front but im considering the pancake pete footholds up front now. easier to get out of and wider variety of foot positioning

Mm neverheardofit
Sounds good though
bolt in, or glass in?
googling this pancake Pete u speak of...

think theres two different types, one is pancake pete and the other is tomski, on is bolt in and one is glassed in. Personally I like the glass in because after you turf, looks stock.
heres the glass in
LINK
and here is a link for bolt in
LINK
can anybody chime in on this, im do not know alot about these footholds. going on what ive been reading?

Last edited:

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
I go both ways.

Attachments

• 2012-06-03_18-48-21_109.jpg
    2012-06-03_18-48-21_109.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 471
  • 2012-06-03_18-48-30_977.jpg
    2012-06-03_18-48-30_977.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 341