not cooling

Picked up another x2 today it an 89 model put some fresh gas in and it fired rite up ran good so i took it to the water put it in rode it some it was sluggish so came back in and the motor was hott like it wasnt cooling and ideas i dont know much about em

ksmith83

( o Y o )
im no "expert" here but was there water coming out of the pisser on the exhaust side of the ski? on the intake side of the bulkhead near the bottom is where the water comes in from the pump to cool the motor. maybe a pic of the engine compartment to help and others can see how the hoses are routed.

There wasn’t water coming out the pisser and its all stock should the motor get somewhat hot or stay cold

Yes the motor needs to warm up just like any internal combustion motor.. car, sled, lawnmowever etc .. if you have a pisser it must!! be flowing water if its not that’s the first sign of something wrong (the pisser will either come from the head or from the header pipe or both) check it!! and make sure its flowing- the usual problem if it wasn’t flowing would be the bottom water hose has either popped off or has a kink/split/foreign object etc in it in the hull or at the pump end..

you can put a thermometer on the pisser which would help making sure your are operating at spec temp but a general rule i use is you put my hand on the side of the block should be able to leave it there comftabily for 5 or so sec then decide to remove your hand cause it a bit to warm. (if you get me) BUT CHECK THAT PISSA.. you don’t get a second chance with an overheated engine..

the pisser that is on the RHS of the ski from factory (dont assume its still the case and it hasnt been modified) is the overflow for the fuel lid (thats obviously isnt ment to flow water) just to clarafy that for you.. Dont assume your ski is not modified find where all the lines run, remeber your ski is 20yrs old and prob had plenty of owners.

Top Bottom