SX/SXi/SXi Pro oil block off plate question

Im new to the world off stand up skis, so i need a little help from the pros. I keep hearing about taking off the oil pump and mix my on gas. I think thats a good idea, but how do i do this? where do I get the oil block off plate and also ive heard something about you can just grind off the rod inside and put back on the pump

Shane_744

Choppin' it up.
I just looped one rubber hose back onto the pump itself (waveblaster, did it on my ol' JS too), secured with zip tips for the time being. Then removed the oil tank and other hoses. Got me a few runs before I completely tore the ski down. Just make sure the hoses are secured to the pump so you dont get oil everywhere.

Just google "oil block off plate" and your ski. Several places make em.

Last edited:

professor961

Selling all X2 and 650 parts - message me!
There are kits you can buy and this is probably the best course.
The kit consists of the block off plate, a few bolts, and a few nipples to block of the oil port to the carburetor.
Basically you remove the pump, remove the studs holding the pump on, remove the hoses and the oil tank, and install the block off plate and nipples.
I would strongly suggest you drain the unmixed fuel from your ski, and put pre-mix in, and run it a bit to get pre-mixed fuel through the fuel lines.
Most importantly, always remember going forward to pre-mix your fuel - because one mistake of pure gasoline and you have bought the engine.
Next I would respectfully suggest that when you mix your fuel and oil, settle on a fuel / oil regimen and stay with it - buy the best fuel - get the same oil, and mix the same ratio - forever more...

Best wishes - Prof

Top Bottom