Super Jet Ok, figure out these plugs and starting issue.............

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
ok smarties help me figure this out before I sink my ski!

pushed the start button and I got a faint click from the ebox, and every now and then it would turn over. Messed with the battery connections, and the start stop harness and cleaned it up, and it was still intermediate All the time trying to start the ski while this was happening pumping the primer every now and then. Finally opened up the ebox and inside it was damp (sunk the ski a few weeks ago) and the the starter relay was rusted and the terminals on it were bad. Messed around again with the start button fixing a messed up connection to the switch in the box, and looked over and cleaned all the connections. Got the ski running for a min, shut it down, sealed up the box. Next day it wouldn't start again, open the box and suspect the relay was shot to the point of no return, and tried to jump the relay to get the ski to start, but it would back fire and never really run right. Kept using the primer, new plugs, full battery, and it ran for a minute with the start switch, then after it ran, came back out later, nothing again. I get my new relay tomorrow, but the rear cylinder looks like crap. Now my primer only feeds the rear carb, could I have flooded it from trying to start it all these time, causing it to back fire and run like crap? Compression is good, and it was running fine before. Good spark on both plugs when they are cleaned up, but this is what the plugs look like after trying to start it after a min of turning over (they are new) Thanks!

8F8A219A-4D72-413A-BED5-B938482A61D6-12082-00000DF5DA29771B.jpg

Top Bottom