300/440/550 old school round body carb?

Why? Why does everyone hate this carb? What makes this carb such a poor choice? All i ever hear is people say get a sbn. from what i see the sbn carb is expensive and hard to come by. I have a boat load of the std bn carbs. Just curious:shrug:

How difficult are the jets in a sbn to get to? Are there flow differences between bn 38 and sbn38. I will at some point in the future need to run a pair of carbs on a pjs reed 550. I have nice pair of bn 38s but I also have plenty of time to consider looking for sbn,s. just looking for pros and cons and any opinions.

How difficult are the jets in a sbn to get to? Are there flow differences between bn 38 and sbn38. I will at some point in the future need to run a pair of carbs on a pjs reed 550. I have nice pair of bn 38s but I also have plenty of time to consider looking for sbn,s. just looking for pros and cons and any opinions.

Like I said earlier....depends on mods. If you're not pushing limits of the BN I wouldn't fool with SBN's

Not completely true. The BN is fine too an extent, all depends on the mods. You think used SBNs are expensive??? Its not that the BN is a bad carb it just doesn't have user friendly qualities like the SBNs do (jet changing)

What are people paying for SBN Carbs??? I paid $90 on ebay for a new carb but I have seen them for quite a bit more.

What's the SBN jetted to Mile9c1? I could use one for a 650 that I've been working on. I have the same issue. I have a 44mm BN, but question why I should use it as a door stop like everyone says.

Top Bottom