Opinions on a sale I made?

I recently sold a 1995 SN hull with title, hood, pole, inside rubber exhaust tube, black chinpad, billet pisser, billet boweyes front and rear, front plastic nose cover with gas cover and gas full tube/lid, AC design mat, hood latch and hooks and a couple other odds and ends. I sold it for $160. The hull was in great condition from what I could see, I never ripped off the rails of mat, all I did was rip out the drivetrain and motor.
He then emailed me saying how I ripped him off and the tray was broke (I never took off the mat so I didnt know this, and I didnt feel any weak spots when I rode it) and it had a stress crack on the bondrail under the plastic rail cover and had a fiberglass repair under the nose that you could only see from looking inside the hull up. I never saw any of these because like I said, I never stripped any of that stuff off.

I told him I was sorry and I didnt know about any of that, Im an honest seller and asked what I could do to make it right. He then said he feels that I should refund him $50 (bringing the total sale to $100)...I then said that wouldnt really be fair to me, I wouldnt have sold it for that cheap in the first place with all that, I would have just kept it. I then offered to refund him the entire amount back and pick up the hull from him. He said that would be screwing him over even more because hes already invested time into it.
I then offered to give him a complete 650 motor core that was seized, had stator, starter, flywheel, exhaust, everything but carb. He said no. He asked what else I had, I told him I had a couple motor mounts....he replied back basicly saying that wouldnt be enough and asked what else, like an E-box, CDI, start/stop switch, other items, I told him i'd give him a couple things....but im not gonna give him more money in stuff than he paid for the hull.

I really feel like Im being a pretty good guy trying to make this right, but hes making it seem like im some kind of scammer because for $160 it had a crack in the bondrail, a repair in the topdeck nose (which was done nicely) and cracked tray, like I said none of which I knew about. But getting a pole, pad, exhaust tube, hull with title, hood, motor mounts etc etc all for $160 still seems like a really good deal to me and its not like I purposely sold him the hull knowing it had the stress crack and such...at this point I think Im just going to refund him the $50 and take my loss because like I said, im a good guy and dont want anyone to feel ripped off, but he hasnt even been cool about it, he just demands stuff and makes me seem like im some huge dick.

What would you guys do in my situation? Heres some pics of the damage BTW

DSC03808.jpg

P9110366JPG.jpg

P9110367JPG.jpg

P9110368JPG.jpg

P9110369JPG.jpg

P9110371JPG.jpg

Last edited:

butti

lone wolf
you did the right thing by offering him his money back.i wouldnt go any further than that if i were you.

i wish you were closer,i would gladly give you 160$ for it as is

cookerq62

Life's Been Good
Sounds like he is trying to weezle money out of you. There is no way you could have known that damage was there. The price for that hull is fair even with the cracks. Every hull is going to have cracks. Thats like buying a used motor and complaining about carbon on the tops of the pistons and not being able to see hone marks. I have sold almost identical parts to different people. One guy wants a refund says its junk the other wants to know if he can buy more stuff. I wouldn't give the guy a dime if he had a chance to inspect the ski.

wayne

wannaroll
what's the big deal about the tray. looks like he was putting footholds in anyway so he was going to have to reinforce the tray and refoam anyway. if he doesn't want a full refund because he already cut in to the hull then tell him you cannot sell it now that it has been cut up.

z00m

UK X-H20
Your being way to fair , i wouldnt give him a dime, he brought the hull he should check first, how could you have known about that damage, $160 is a bargain in any condition, tell him to do one

mick

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
He got a great deal at $160 for all that, I'd do as suggested and offer a full refund then sell it to someone else. If he doesn't want that, then he can pound sand.

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
$160 for that? And he can fix it with 10 bucks worth of glass, and he wants $$ back? What a douche. He paid half of what that was worth even with the slight damage.

Cheap chiseling prick. :shooter3:

tell him you sold him the hood and pole for 160 and threw everything else in for free. tell him to price a pole and a hood and he can see the deal he got

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
LOL, what a douche... I drove two states away to get a square hull with the tray CUT OUT and a cracked hood for $200. I'm still happy I got it BTW.

He ended up claiming for money back on Paypal....he really feels he got the short end of the stick on this deal, whatever I'm just gonna refund him the $50 so he gets the screaming deal of it all for $100.

I love how I try and give someone a good deal and they in turn take money from ME. What a great world this is.

Top Bottom