Super Jet Picked up a Super Jet last night...First one!! (Pictures)

Well it happened, I purchased my first super jet last night its a 1997. About 3 weeks ago now I created a thread asking if I should keep my FX1 or switch over to a SJ as I was riding more and more surf here in San Diego. After a few days I decided to put more $$ into my Fx1 and just last week put a set of tubbies, bars, throttle, bilge, and freestyle pump cone on the FX1. Fast forward to last night when I saw a killer deal on Craigslist that I just couldn't pass up. I was the second caller and the seller said if the first guy does not show up he would call me, when I got the call at 4:30pm that the ski was mine if I wanted it I was beyond excited. Check out the pictures but I would say I did pretty good on this one, it looks like the Fx1 is going up for sale this weekend.

343oxhd.jpg

ilyfzd.jpg

dptk5z.jpg

23sauqu.jpg

Picked it up for $1900! I wasn't going to put the price at first as I kinda thought about pulling some parts off for the fx1 but I think I would kick myself later if I kept the fx1 and sold this ski.

Last edited:
you didnt buy that thing, you stole it! $1900 for that is basically free in my eyes. i could get $4000+ for that thing. those kind of deals are getting very hard to find now that the craze has started to come back. i wouldnt do it to you guys, but if i posted up some of the deals that fall into my lap, you'ld hate me even more.

Last edited:
Yeah I reread the price probaby 50 times, thinking there had to be a misprint. I haven't even checked out the pump or what prop is on the ski, I had him start it for me (started right up) and I said "I'll take it!" I couldn't hand him the cash fast enough.

jahimmelspach

Having A Blast
oh, then you also expect him to sell it for $1900 when he wants to get rid of it. yea right. and i'm not a flipper, i'm a horder

I flip skis to pay for my builds whenever I can. My point is that it's good to see someone so excited about getting a good deal that's actually going to use the ski.

Edit: and my post wasn't in response to anything you said buzzard. I just got a deal on some skis myself. ;)

Last edited:
Very cool! Yeah you see deals every once in awhile, however not many in San Diego as people seem to know what they are worth. I'm going to put it in the Bay this weekend to see how she does, probably will rebuild the carbs as it has sat for a few months.

swapmeet

Brotastic
Yeah, clean the tank, fuel lines, filter etc before riding it.

If theres crap in there, better to freshen that up vs making the carbs potentially worse.

Yeah, I plan on draining the gas, fresh fuel lines +filter and probably switch out the cooling lines as well. Then sometime next week I will probably pull it all apart and just clean and really inspect everything, plus I like to keep my boats very clean....It came with a brand new battery too!

Can anyone tell me what FP that is? I was told there are two different one? Limited and ? also how can you tell.

It's seems like such a long day here at work, by the time I got it in the garage it was dark and I really couldn't see what else it had. I have plans on draining the gas and putting new fuel lines on tomorrow and taking it out to the bay....Can't wait!
AJ

^^I've been called worse :) ha! My goal this summer was to pull off a back flip in the surf, I was getting that fx1 to where it would be capable of doing it but it looks like this will be the ski to pull it off with. I need to wait until I sell the FX1 or for a few weeks until I order some tubbies and materials to reinforce it.

Top Bottom