Pics of old style Japanese lightweight hulls?

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
I found some that Dave posted (I was searching PWCT and they were here). Anyone has any others of the other brand I'd love to see.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Steer.jpg

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
Reason I posted this initially is that I was looking into making a plate like the one pictured. My hull doesnt have that plate there and I think it would beef up the steering system a tad. Glad some people have not seen these pics yet. The japanese jetwave hulls are really nice.

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
Let me upload all my Japanese hull pics to the X Photo Albums. I will post back.

Those pics are of the old Maekawa Engineeing hull. I beileve they quit making fiberglass parts and just focus on billet aluminum parts now. I remember reading that on their website a while back.

There was also another company making old X2 style hulls but I only have a handful of pics of them.

DBR

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
Looking back I just noticed that huge hole in the hull/sub plate. That must be for the air intake hook up. Some of the Japanese steering trims have hoses that hook up to vents on them.

Shawn, what is the main reason you want to build a sub plate like this? Strength? Direct steer conversion? Just curious that is all.

The plae in the pics seems pretty simple to make...

Top Bottom