Pismo Freeride Fall 2023

long beach local

long beach local
Any updates on the freeride ? It’s usually the 1st weekend after world finals right? I’m reading the 2nd week after ? It is a pain to camp now as reservations are needed and sold out on the weekends.

Is there a do's and don'ts for Pismo, and/or a checklist of what to bring for the first timer? (must-haves/nice-to-haves/leave-it-home-you'll-never-need-its)

I recently acquired a Fun Mover RV and plan to drive that down from the Bay Area on Thursday... How likely am I to get it stuck in the dunes??? it has a v10 and brand new tires, but it's 31' long and 15k lbs lol

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Check the tides. I have been there a few years where the water has come up high enough to watch dozens of camp fires go out and peoples tents get wrecked. Everyone meets up around Pole 4. Air down your tires Leave just enough air that you wont break the bead. Also have a tow strap and know ahead of time where you can hook the strap if someone needs to pull you out. Bring a pitbike or quad or something. You will need a flag for it and wear a helmet anytime you ride or the rangers will get ya.

More info here:

That thing is awesome!!! What is that?!
It's a 2000 Thor "Fun Mover"... They made them in a few different lengths and ramp/door configurations, mine is 31' (21' living space, 10' garage) and the bumper turns into two 12' folding ramps. I scored this one, fully functional with new tires for just under $10k smogged and tagged. I had looked into renting a trailer and it was going to be well over a thousand bucks for only 4 days....(plus I have a lifted 1/2 ton gasser, so towing a big box is less than ideal). I figured with Pismo twice a year, a trip up to my folks in Washington once a year, and a couple weekend lake/surf escapes, this thing would essentially pay for itself in 2-3 years...especially since I have a few options to store it for no cost.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
It's a 2000 Thor "Fun Mover"... They made them in a few different lengths and ramp/door configurations, mine is 31' (21' living space, 10' garage) and the bumper turns into two 12' folding ramps. I scored this one, fully functional with new tires for just under $10k smogged and tagged. I had looked into renting a trailer and it was going to be well over a thousand bucks for only 4 days....(plus I have a lifted 1/2 ton gasser, so towing a big box is less than ideal). I figured with Pismo twice a year, a trip up to my folks in Washington once a year, and a couple weekend lake/surf escapes, this thing would essentially pay for itself in 2-3 years...especially since I have a few options to store it for no cost.
Something else for me to search for on marketplace now! =) I might be calling later asking more about them when I find one. =)

wydopen

onthepipe
Deal of the century...Looks like its on a ford chassis, is it a v10?

I got a killer deal on a 39' fifth wheel toy hauler that the frame ended up cracking on after I spent 6months remodeling it. I now have to repair for the 3rd time. Keep trying to gusset it but it hasn't held up so now I have to cut out the whole front and rebuild it. A motorhome toyhauler would be nice with 3 kids for the long drives, the only downside is it's harder to go anywhere once you get there.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Well that was the most fun I've ever had in my life!

Lots of footage to edit, but I feel like I got hit by a bus and I'm playing catch-up at work, so it might be a few days.
Sounds like my first 2nd 3rd etc etc trip to Pismo! It looked like the surf was huge this year too.

Top Bottom