!!!!! Please HELP !!!!!! Filling with Water

cornbread40

Livin' the Dream!!!
Hey guys, any help or ideas of what to do would be much appreciated. I am at a complete loss after doing everything I could think of.

I am taking on massive amounts of water in a short amount of time. Currently I am just running the stock siphon bilge. I checked it to see if it had a kink or clog anywhere in the line and it does not. I checked every cooling line to make sure of proper connection.

The only thing i can think of is the flush kit. if i have this installed between the pump and the mani would water come out of this type fitting? I thought it was designed to only emit water if the other side was engaged?

Help please!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 25

cornbread40

Livin' the Dream!!!
Thanks guys. was a little skeptical of runnin it without the hood on, but i backed it in on the trailer deep enough and ran it. STill could not find anything which is why i am seriously confused. Im installin a bilge now, but thats only puttin a band aid on a serious cut. Think Im gonna fill it up and see if I got a leak somewhere. It is an 08 i would hope not.

SJBrit

Extraordinary Alien
If it's filling that fast then you either have a very big hull leak or a waterline is detached/split. For the former do what Cliff said and fill the hull to just above the bondline - not so full you risk water getting into the carbs (everything else will be fine). You should see water gushing out if that's how it's gushing in. For a waterline leak you ought to be able to run it with a hose on the flush kit to see if it is squirting out anywhere. Be sure to turn on the hose after the motor starter running and turn it off just before you kill the motor.

check the plastic elbow on your siphon bilge too. there is a pinhole there that, when clogged, will cause it to siphon backwards at idle and when sitting in the water.

also check your cooling lines for leaks.

Magnum Mike

Site Supporter
Check your midshaft. Fill your ski with water up to the bottom of the carb. Then you will see where its coming from

this method worked for me to find a crack in my hull near the bond line in the pole mount area.

if you dont find anything with the ski tilted back tilt the water towards the nose.

Top Bottom