Pop Off Gauge??

butti

lone wolf
Anyone ever made a pop off gauge? If so how and with what?

i have made one with a small inline regulator,a psi gauge and a blow gun with a rubber tip.put them all together in that order.tune the regulator down to about 45-50psi,pull the cover and diaphram off the carb exposing the n+s,plug the return fitting,wet the n+s with a little wd40 or fuel.now pull the blow gun trigger so its flowing air and then press it into the carbs fuel inlet and watch the gauge.it will climb till the needle pops off and there will be your popoff setting.this way is very easy to repeat several times so you can make sure you are getting a consitant reading.hope this helps

I made one out of a $5 bicycle pump at wal-mart and a $2 tire gauge.

Take the gauge apart so that you can hook a piece of hose on the end of the gauge. Then "T" that into the hose on the pump hose and cut off the end of the hose. That is it. There are tons of ways of making them. All you need is pressure on one side and a gauge so you can tell the line pressure.

This one already has a gauge. but is just line mine except I put my gauge on the end of the hose so it is close to the carb.

AAAAAsPsCNIAAAAAAHxFkw.jpg

I used this tire gauge if you wanted to do it that way.
G_14008G_SW_1.gif

Last edited:

Ericfox

Do it twice?That's DooDoo
I made one back in college, but since then I got the mikuni one and love that thing...

for the one I made: got my gage from grainger and got the tube from lowes and the pump from I cant remember where...

Last edited:
Top Bottom