300/440/550 Pop off/ N&S changes?

Was wanting to install the westcoast pipe and K&N I picked up but wasn't sure if I'd need to change pop off and/or N&S ?
The ski is an 88 550 bone stock right now.

N2 H2O

Previously Tbone550
You should be fine. The stock carbs cant be tuned very well anyway. You will just have to turn the screws out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdakrt

X
2.5 N/S and drill the main jet to .040 then power tune. Or go to a sbn you wont regret the extra coin. Huge gain over the old bn carbs.

Yeah I've read up on the sbn here, it looks like a good move and hopefully here soon I can get one. I'm not familiar with these carbs though. I'm use to DHLA sidedrafts. I've no clue even how to measure pop off or better yet how to determine what pressure I would ever need to be at for current or future changes.
Either way, thanks for the help. Is there a SBN tuners handbook out there somewhere?

screaming440

The Old Skool Professor
you don't need an sbn the bn works fine. the guys that bad mouth the bn just don't know what they are doing. so when they have a problem they go get a new carb to fix it.

just turn the mix screws out a little more cuz of the mods and you'll be fine.

also some of the bn carbs will dump the "float bowl" fuel and loadup a little after a short cool down. So if your ski sits for around ten min start it with the throttle open or partly open.

if you have problems with a bn just clean it, put a new needle and seat in it and check your pop off.

Top Bottom