Priming the fuel system

I installed a FBP And after jetting the carbs I can't get the fuel system primed. There fuel in the fuel filter half way up. I filled the tank up to 3/4 full. Poured a little gas down the carbs several time. And it run for 5 second each time I did this. But it has not helped in priming the system. Is there s trick to priming these carbs. I also installed a primer on the fuel return line. Any help would be greate.

Remove the return line off the carburetor and blow into the line to pressurize the gas tank. Plug the return line hose to the tank with your finger and wait for the fuel to come out the carburetor return.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
I always just held my finger on the start and stop button(not continuously, max I ever kept cranking was 10 seconds) at the same time until the lines and fuel filter were filled with fuel and there were no air bubbles. That never failed me..
Edit: this is with a choke, no primer either. Ive done this method over 10 times.. If this doesn't work then you've got something else going on.

Last edited:
Well I did finally figure it out. I had first tried the blowing into the return line method. When that didn't work I knew I hade issues with my fuel lines. I had the supply line and crank line mixed up. It's now working like its suppose too.

Thanks for your support everyone.

Top Bottom