Super Jet Pro Tec head with stock pipe cooling setup??/????

RyanRX

WHAT!
701 motor.jpg

i need suggestions on how to setup cooling with stock 62T exhaust with this pro tec head. I need to add a pisser also. Is it possible??
my pump is setup for dual cooling. I have a 93 SN. 62T cylinders with 61X cases
Thanks

VXSXH20

Sionis Industries
Seeing that is a C2 race head, you cannot bolt a stock exhaust to it. There is no bracket supports, it will not yield the power and performance anyways, with the cyl and bottom end and head, not sure why you want to run it anyway, the pisser is easy on that head, just use the front exit fitting, or run a tee and split the water to run overboard then to the exhaust if you want to dry the pipe out. Dual cooling really can't be put on the stock mani , I mean you could but..then soo much water would be in that stock exhaust, making it worse than stock...just plug one of the pump fittings and go back to single cooling as org designed for that exhaust..my 002. Good luck.

VXSXH20

Sionis Industries
Furthermore, I spoke to protec yesterday about a exhaust and OEM head combo, he told me they never designed their heads or exhausts to bolt up in the exact same location as OEM.they bot their pipes and heads accordingly.. They have brackets and isolatators for such applications. But I was asking specifically about the rec 701 head.

VXSXH20

Sionis Industries
No you wont need a protec pipe, most will tell you a factory b pipe is where it's at. Protec pipes yield decent power and can be found a lot cheaper. Or check out a Coffman sizzler if it's for a square nose. Theres a few pipes on eBay lately.a pipe will be the best investment you make on that ski. Don't waste your time money and metal energy on the stock heavy restrictive exhaust. You won't be satisfied with the engine on a stock exhaust

RyanRX

WHAT!
ok.. will check out.. now this motor i just received has the fresh bore with new pistons and rings, ported cases, and .060 shaved off the bottom of the cylinders and domes recut on the head... (basically calling it a 760) would it be a better to maybe go for a stock head and just ride that out until i get a pipe? just trying to see what options i have. kinda lost with this motor!

VXSXH20

Sionis Industries
I wouldnt run that engine UNTIL you got a aftermarket pipe. That engine setup will be pointless on a stock exhaust. Again, even if you could get the brackets to make it fir back on. The porting and bore will flow alot more air. The engine is basically an airpump that breathes via the induction of the carbs and expells thru the exhasut ports. That engine has even more air and fuel and compression in it now than it did stock. thus increasing power while accelerating wear and tear. It makes no sense to choke it down and restrict that air volume with a stock exhuast.It sounds like you have a really decent engine setup. Now i recommend the dual cooling since youve posted some more info on the engine itself. i think that if you want a easy tuning easy care pipe. Go with the Factory B pipe. There are a few available new and used. find what fits the Square Nose. or you can hunt for another protec system. I belive the MACH 2 pipe will fit SJs 1990 to the present. There is also a few coffman pipes floating around too..

Top Bottom