pull lanyard and still runs??

my buddy had a 07 sxr that barely gets ridden. So we were getting it ready to go for this summer and when you pull the lanyard or hit the kill switch the enigne keeps running. I pulled the choke and nailed the gas to get it to die. Are these start stops still junk like older kawi s/s switches or is there anyother knowen issues I should look for. gonna go dig into tonight or tomorrow. thanks in advance!!!

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
Usually the lanyard just holds out the stop button. Inside the housing there is a push button switch. I would dissassembly the housing from the handlebar and try pushing the button to stop it.

I have read it is good practice to keep the lanyard connected in non use so that the spring doesn't get weak or wear out the rubber seal.

I have another internal button if you need one. You will have to take apart the switch and do a little soldering to make it work. Nothing too hard. Mine is from a 650 SX. All those kawie staret/stop switches are the same inside.

Mr. SeXieR

Carry a gun,cops R2 heavy
Mines an 08 and it did the same thing the first day I had it out, when I started it on the trailer to purge I pulled the lanyard and the throttle just took off! I did what you did and choked it. Skinnyman said it was probably a little too hot out of the water and was firing off. Its never happened again since though.

cmeripper26

Ripper26
Also could be the two wires that run into the stop switch from the long s/s harness from the e-box. You could test for continuity on the two wires that go directly to the stop switch. I had to replace my s/s harness this past summer, both sides were junk.

Top Bottom