Pulled off my first sub today!

Jetaddict

9 years to retirement...
Thanks to the articles and posts on subs, I pulled off my first today. I had been practicing all day, doing some small jumps, etc. but never was able to get enough dive in order to go completely under.
On my last attempt, I lifted up real high on the sides of the tray, squatted, and PUSHED the bars down, while I was looking at the nose of the ski and the water. Next thing I knew, I was completely under water with the ski! :eek:mfg: I was a little freaked, since I didn't think I would actually pull it off....and I don't have the block off, bilge, duck bills, etc... I had visions of my ski continuing to the bottom as I bobbed back to the surface. But I blipped the throttle and came back up, and the ski was still running. If anyone was watching from the shore, they probably thought I was always doing it, since I came out and just kept on riding...but I was actually pretty stoked. Oh well...thought I'd mention that thanks to everyone's tutelidge (sp?) on here, I was able to pull of my first really cool trick.:bananalama:

omied

i'm the ultimate chiller
i pulled off my 1st one too a couple weeks back, it was a little one, but it caught me by surprise and it happened so fast, i went under, and my eyes felt like they were being pressure washed, couldn't see that well for a couple minutes after lol. can't wait to go practice some more tomorrow

Jetaddict

9 years to retirement...
I gots to get me a bilge or at least a duckbill before I try again. I was just way nervous I was gonna sink the thing. Once I get this down, I am going to start working on the barrels and the backies! Woo hoo!!

Subtacular

All or nothing
Thanks to the articles and posts on subs, I pulled off my first today. I had been practicing all day, doing some small jumps, etc. but never was able to get enough dive in order to go completely under.
On my last attempt, I lifted up real high on the sides of the tray, squatted, and PUSHED the bars down, while I was looking at the nose of the ski and the water. Next thing I knew, I was completely under water with the ski! :eek:mfg: I was a little freaked, since I didn't think I would actually pull it off....and I don't have the block off, bilge, duck bills, etc... I had visions of my ski continuing to the bottom as I bobbed back to the surface. But I blipped the throttle and came back up, and the ski was still running. If anyone was watching from the shore, they probably thought I was always doing it, since I came out and just kept on riding...but I was actually pretty stoked. Oh well...thought I'd mention that thanks to everyone's tutelidge (sp?) on here, I was able to pull of my first really cool trick.:bananalama:

Congrats man. It is an sweet feeling once you bury that first good sub. But I would seriously recommend the block off plate. I built my own and a couple more for my friends. They help a lot with the water being forced in. Plus I have a duckbill. I have no problems at all with getting water in my ski.

Jetaddict

9 years to retirement...
The block off and duckbill are installed....heading to the lake today after work. Heck, for $30 the duckbill is just a nice addition. I am not too keen on a scupper- I am going with the bilge first.

Hilli

S'Koolin'Em!;{-
Missing pieces

haha hilli did u eber get it back
Credit goes to another board member(can't remember which one) for that "Killa' Sub", but since you all were on the subject I just had to post that pic! I have lost pieces while doing subs and I'm pretty sure the one in the pic is at the bottom of the lake!

Jetaddict

9 years to retirement...
LOL that is freaking awesome.
Hey, why didn't anyone tell me subs are 100 times easier in fresh water compared to salt??!! I went to the lake today, and pulled off sub after sub...it was a piece of cake without that salt water buoyancy to deal with! And, I didn't even have to clean off my ski!!!

Top Bottom