Pump cavitation?

I'm running a Worx loader grate on my freestyle sxr that has a stuffed pump and it seams after landing on the tail it stuggles to get the pump loaded. I'm thinking it could be the intake grate since it is not on plane when I land the tail in first or slide it out., anyone ever have this issue? The pump is blueprinted and big hub swirl btw.

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
If you are doing a tail bob, it could be sucking exh, that is the only issue i have ever seen with an SXR, they usually hook in most conditions. Slide out, no clue

I have heard of ppl with similar setups having cavitation problems, I'm gonna be running worx 225, hooker 10/16, tbm stuffer, and bored nozzle 80/82 in the sxr I'm putting together, hope I don't have any trouble...

Good read. My pump is solid it is only after catching air and landing tail down first, almost like the fins on the grate push the water away at that angel. I have the worx 225. I want to try a different intake grate. My whole pump has been tuned for the ski and the shoe and sealant is good. What do most guys run on freestyle ski's?

skat.....period..sorry skat is for racing ,but the stocker for the freeride still the best,its my opinion........

Last edited:
My whole pump and tbm stuffer and prop are brand new and tuned for my engine setup, so I'll check the sealing again this weekend and see how it rides later next month when I ride it again.

you have to be careful when you replace the pump,be shure to spray some windex on the hull beford re-install,this eliminated the risk of a squezee pump gasket that can cause your cavitation probleme.

I checked the pump area for any areas the seal was bad, think I might of found it. I used a rubber kitchen spatula to fill it in and seal in the ride plate. Makes a really nice smooth seal. I'll be taking it out in a week, then I'll know for sure.

Top Bottom