pump resleeve

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Anyone have any information about resleeving a pump? I have some nice props and I don't want to destroy them in a bad pump. The sleeves have bubbles in them and the prop scrapes. I'd rather send my prop out to be reconditioned than spend 4 times the amount to get a whole new pump. The pump can be resleeved according to the Kawi shop manual. If I can get the parts, I'll have Tom do the work.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Pete,

I was told that maybe you can help me out. I am looking for some information on having a pump resleeved. I have a jet pump from a Kawi X2 and the sleeve is puckering preventing me from putting a nice stainless prop in there. I would rather spend a little money resleeving a good pump than a whole bunch of money on a whole new pump. Do you have any information on who can resleeve the pump for me? or information on where I can get the parts so I can have the work done locally (preferred)?

Thank you,
Vumad from X-h2o.com

Yes, the company you are looking for is Exactal Tool ! Here is the number.908-561-1177 . talk to Scott. He is the owner and a rider !
Great company, and incredible work... Let me know if you need anything else.

Pancaker !

Going to call them tomorrow.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Here's approximatly what I left as a messege for Scott on the 21st. This is NOT an exact quote...

Hi, My name is Michael, I am calling for Scott. A friend of mine that goes by Pancake Pete told me that you could prehaps help me out. I have a Kawi 650 pump that the pump sleeve is starting to bubble. I have a new prop that I can't run without damaging. My pump is in excellent condition and I'd rather find someone to recondition it than to replace it. Please give me a call, my number is... or e-mail me at... Thankyou.

Scott called me back today 12/26 and left a messege that went something like this. Again, this is NOT an exact quote.

This is Scott from Exactal tool returning your call. I can resleeve your pump for you. I charge $130 for the pump resleeve and $20 to put new bearings in while I have it. You can ship to me. You can call me back, my store hours are (forgot what he said). Thanks.

I also have this e-mail messege in my inbox. This messge is an exact quote.

I do those for $150. I will reinstall a new set of bearings and seals
for $20.
You ship it to me. I contact you for pay. I ship it back.

Thanks for the inquiry,
Scott
Exactal Tool
3586 Kennedy Rd
South Plainfield NJ 07080

phone 908-561-1177

He sounds like a nice guy and was very propt with getting back to me considering the season. I do intend to have my pump resleeved, but I may wait a few weeks to have it done. I'll let you all know how it goes when I find the person to do the work (which will be Scott unless I find someone locally who knows what they are doing and can save me the $30 in shipping)and comit the money to the project. My Skat Trak 4 is working ok, but I know that 10/18 will hit so much harder. I need to have this done.

PS. I think he said on the phone messege he did the job for $130, but the e-mail says $150 (I could be confused, I shouldn't have deleted the messege). I think he may do it locally for $130, and $150 includes the return shipping costs. It's probably $15-20 to ship the pump, so $190 for a pump as good as new when a new pump is $400-$600 is a good deal I think.

Last edited:

felix5oh

Carajo,gringos apestosos
Sent my 650SX pump to atlantic jet sports in NJ and they re-sleeved it with a rubber one. I dont know about superjets.

P

PancakePete

Here's approximatly what I left as a messege for Scott on the 21st. This is NOT an exact quote...

Scott called me back today 12/26 and left a messege that went something like this. Again, this is NOT an exact quote.

I also have this e-mail messege in my inbox. This messge is an exact quote.

He sounds like a nice guy and was very propt with getting back to me considering the season. I do intend to have my pump resleeved, but I may wait a few weeks to have it done. I'll let you all know how it goes when I find the person to do the work (which will be Scott unless I find someone locally who knows what they are doing and can save me the $30 in shipping)and comit the money to the project. My Skat Trak 4 is working ok, but I know that 10/18 will hit so much harder. I need to have this done.

PS. I think he said on the phone messege he did the job for $130, but the e-mail says $150 (I could be confused, I shouldn't have deleted the messege). I think he may do it locally for $130, and $150 includes the return shipping costs. It's probably $15-20 to ship the pump, so $190 for a pump as good as new when a new pump is $400-$600 is a good deal I think.

Werd... Scott and exactal are awesome... well scott is exactal.. lol
I think the difference between 130 and 150 was adding the pump bearing in with the price.. i could be wrong, but that makes sense.

I have been riding with scott since 2001. super great guy.
www.blfreeride.com that is where me and scorn hang like every weekend... at least once on a weekend, sometimes we drift to cousrons in NJ.
They bought a house in BL and invite everyone to party eat and stay.
:friday:

since this got brought up , I see SBT sells the teflon liners , If you remove'' cut out , grind out '' a 144 yammie stainless liner , Can the teflon liner just be pressed in with no further machining ? I'd like to know because Im also due for a liner.. LMK

Liners

Depending on the pump, He does both stainless and plastic, You wold have to call him.

Top Bottom