SX/SXi/SXi Pro pump shoe mod

Iv read before people have done pump shoe mods to these skis, what is it that they are talking about? I think Im getting close to modding everything on the ski in some way or another, wouldnt want to miss out on a mod lol.

very helpful response as usual, thanks buddy. I will be skipping on that then. I will still be lightning my stock flywheel this winter and modding my water box. I'll prob put in a flow control valve and ditch my ball valves on the cooling lines for more brap. Im always looking for ways to get this thing to snap better.

98SXIPRO

One Of A K1nd
kinda off topic, but SXiPro02, need help routing the water lines on this new FP. any suggestions? ive got 2 flow control valves i can use(if necessary.. ill use 1 for sure..). is urs routed the way FP recommends on their website?

mine goes from hull to bottom of manifold, top of head pipe to cylinder head, bottom of head pipe to a "T" one side goes to pisser and the other side goes to your flow control valve and then to your stinger. I also have a second cooling line that comes out of the head and goes through a adjustable ball valve and then out a second pisser. You should only need the one flow control valve on the stinger feed.
I need a flow control valve if you want to sell the other one :)

Oh yeah, do your self a favor and upgrade your water inlet to 1/2" on the manifold and replace the 3/8" line with a 1/2" one that goes from the manifold to the hull. The pipe in the hull is already 1/2" so if you replace the manifold fitting and the pump fitting you will get much better cooling flow. I picked up all the fittings at home depot and made the one on the pump a 90deg elbo style so I dont have the loop on the pump, its a straight shot into the hull

I have a fp and just put dual cooling in the hull and was thinking about a flow control do they make a difference? Also I have an aluminum water box I think its fp what water box modS are you talking about?

If you have a A/M water box no mods are needed, The extra fitting on your box is probably used in racing conditions when long periods of high rpms are needed. I wouldnt suggest you add more water to it unless you plan on building a crazy motor and racing it.

the flow control valve will add low end snap since it will stop water from entering the stinger at lower rpms but will let it in when you reach the higher rpms. There are a lot of people who just use a ball valve to regulate the water flow but it is not as effective as a the flow control valve.

Top Bottom