Super Jet puting on side lifters?

Hey i boiught a set of hydro turf side lifeters to use before i put on new turf and foot holds this winter, im wondering if its ok to install them ontop of factory foam or if i should take it down to the fiberglass then put them on?

thanks
-Jesse

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
the only ones i found that sort of worked were the ac racing ones which are part of the side mat

i ran lifters for a season and found all i did was turn my ankle many times, bite the bullet and fit foot holds

N2 H2O

Previously Tbone550
I put mine under the mat and used a heat gun to mold the turf around it. I used contact cement to glue the lifters and mat. It's held up great all season.

DSC00957.jpg

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
I have them on my sxr to get me through the summer. Right over the factory turf. They have held up great surprisingly. I ride rivers, lakes, & surf.. Footholds going in this winter though, I miss my Tom21 footholds I had in my 750sx...

I dremeled/ routered a recessed area in the lifter bump. Used 3 stainless screws and washers on each lifter bump then glued a piece of turf over the washers. you can't even tell there are screws and washers there and it has held for two seasons on both my SJ and SXR.

Midlake Crisis

Site Supporter
A couple of years ago I made some shaped foam lifters and used contact cement to mount them directly to the stock mat . It worked pretty well and was way better than nothing.

If you have the time and money though the real footholds are going to be 10x better.

Sweet thanks guys. Its just a temparary thing, summer is way to short up here to put real foot holds in now... its Gona happen this winter though.

Thanks again guys,
Jesse

Top Bottom