PVC beach stands

i recently made one out of schedule 40 pvc 2 inch.. got 4 90's. 8 tees, and 2 couplers, 1 10ft piece of 2 inch pvc ..already had glue and primer and total cost was like 40 bucks or so.. took about 2 hrs to cut everything perfect and glue it up.. i will get a pic of it.. it was pretty simple.. left the bottom area open so it will fill up with water and not float away.. set it up so it separtes in the middle so it doesnt take up much room for storage.. used it several times already works great.. even set the ski on it on dry land and it held up fine.. the 2 inch would be fine for any stand up i wouldnt recommend it for a sit down.. i like the stand much better than beaching the ski, makes it easier to work on or fill with gas if needed..

Yep I made two total I spent was 50 bucks. Mine are a little tall so I think I'll cut the legs down other then that they worked pretty good yesterday. I did drill some holes in the top to let air escape so they wouldn't float. image.jpg

Yes they are sturdy and will probably be more sturdy once i shorten them. You could add another tee at the bottom for another crossmember if you wanted to really tighten it up but I don't think it needs it.

stagesrt4

see ya out there
Site Supporter
Yea lil tall for 2in

I run 3 inch so I can ride ski/wave runner right onto it.

I put piece of turf on all 4 corners on stand to keep boat from sliding back off

I also went with 4ft runners but I bet you could get away with 3ft. Turf seems like a good idea. I had the rear end of the ski hanging in the water still and with the wave action it did act like it wanted to slide off.

some pics of my stand.. measures 20in tall from top to bottom, 35in long end to end and 12in long end to end.. i put a coupler in the middle so i could separate for storage.. those nice stainless stands are quite nice, i just couldnt justify 140 bucks for one i spent 40ish on this with a little time making it..
IMG_20140615_153354.jpg IMG_20140615_153408.jpg IMG_20140615_153440.jpg

Could also throw some caps on the bottom and drill some holes. Bolt on some casters and have urself a rolling cart/beach cart. Just don't glue the caps on obviously...

Sent from my Galaxy s4

I have the same issue with very rocky shores used 2" sch 40, 4 90's 6 T's 3' long, drilled holes in corners so wont float away no legs so the T is the base ie wider at the bottom, put the 5" riser between the T and elbow, stands sits on the rocks, ski sits just out of the water, the extra center cross brace helps prevent any flexing of the end pieces.. DONT CAP IT it will want to float away..drill holes in corners, best solution i have found.

Attachments

• 20140617_143304.jpg
    20140617_143304.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 171
  • 20140617_183547.jpg
    20140617_183547.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 167
Im liking this idea has anyone ever made a beach cart out of this? im going to need one for next week and i really dont feel like busting out the welder to modify my work stand.

Top Bottom