PVC stands

naticen

Site Supporter
I had a 2" that lasted a year with heavy use and outside 24/7. The connectors got brittle and broke one after the other. I've got a wooden one now that I stained solid color and should last forever and probably cost the same amount of money to build.

been using a stand i build out of 3" SCH 40 for more than 5 years now. i use it all the time. ski is stored on it in the garage. ski sits on it in the bed of my truck when going to the beach. ski sits on it on the shore.

it sits really low to the ground, no more than 6 inches. dont remember the exact length bu it think its only about 3.5 feet long (any longer it the pvc would flex too much). its a really simple assembly and cheap too.

i'll check if i have a decent pic to show

Last edited:
been using a stand i build out of 2" SCH 40 for more than 5 years now. i use it all the time. ski is stored on it in the garage. ski sits on it in the bed of my truck when going to the beach. ski sits on it on the shore.

it sits really low to the ground, no more than 6 inches. dont remember the exact length bu it think its only about 3.5 feet long (any longer it the pvc would flex too much). its a really simple assembly and cheap too.

i'll check if i have a decent pic to show

I wouldn't mind seeing the pic if you're able to track one down. I wouldn't mind making a cheap beach stand.

quinc's setup looks identical to mine, hasnt failed me yet.

i also use it on the hitch carrier of the wife's SUV to go about 150ft from the garage to the shore.

I just built a pair out of 2" sch40 but added a cross member on the bottom, this helps prevent flexing, the added bonus is that when you place all 3 T's together you get a perfect 12" center for the support braces, made it 3' long, drilled holes in all corners and wont float away, perfect for the rocky shores in my area.
pics attached..$40 worth of pvc and elbows, 5 mintues of gluing..done deal

Attachments

• 20140617_143346.jpg
    20140617_143346.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 34

mattyboy89

The countdown is on
una4ysu4.jpg

Rolling car and beach stand. I have about 4 of these. Never had a problem

My lake is extremely steep so I have it to where I take off one sides legs to account for the slant. Love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom