Other Question gas flooded engine what to do?

we trying to get a little of everything ruining to go ride and seems every one has problems :(

I have two 650 vxrs normally guest skis but all I have close to runnable right now, I cleaned and redid mukni 44 carbs (single carb each) one skiis running fine the other had issues kept die then I could restart then dies to make it back to ramp . after I took it home to see able adjusting carb I noticed I used allot of fuel in very short time and the ski would start I found and replaced just now the relay coil BUT I noticed the exhaust was full of fuel/gas and spitting out cups full (exhaust off/open) cylinder spitting out gas liquid if you look down in the spark plug hole.
I just ran the needles in on the carb and is connected the fuel intake line but cylinders still getting covered in gas and exhaust still spitting fuel ........... I am thinking the crank case got filled with gas??????? how do I rain it??

the only way I know to drain teh gas is pull the engine and break it apart , I'm hoping someone has better sullution as we wanted to ride tomorrow

Pull plugs, hope your motor mounts are good, flip upside down or on it side at the least, MAKE SURE to hold stop button in while hitting start button and crank/ pour fuel out. Fuel migration at it's finest.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
If you try the method in post 2, be very careful your plug boots do not arc and spark.

When you say you redid the carbs, did you actually test them?

ended up pulling the motor last night we dumped about a gallon and a half of gas out of the case think that's about all , we are going out now to put it back and hopefully go ride by lunch

Carbs, I normally just do gasket diaphragms but did it all this time cause the needles where clogged up (new orings diaphragms, springs, 1.5 needles, clean)

Somethings terribly wrong if you're dumping that much fuel. What regulates fuel and pressure is the carburetor. The needle/seat/spring work together to regulate fuel flow. You need to check your pop off pressure, if it's low that will allow excessive fuel flow. Restrictive OEM flame arrestors will only compound the problem. Also make sure your fuel tank vent is working and in the correct direction.

any time your motor fills up with gas when the ski just sits, its the needle and seats leaking. i go thru it all the time. the fuller the gas tank, if the nose is up, its worse. if i'm lazy i put the ass end up so it doesnt do it or i disconnect the fuel line to the carbs during the week when i'm not riding. i do this on beater superjets not million dollar skis.

don't know what caused it ........... while the engine was out last night I checked the carb again pop off again an it was fine , we reinstalled this morning and rode about four hours before the dang coil died on it :( (no spark) I only used about half a tank of gas witch is about normal for were and how I was playing so I assume what ever caused it is no longer a issue. The other ski 's carb was fine no issues out of it at all and I did both carbs at the same time. The tank vent is fine but do have the oem flame arrestor on that one

HA
any time your motor fills up with gas when the ski just sits, its the needle and seats leaking. i go thru it all the time. the fuller the gas tank, if the nose is up, its worse. if i'm lazy i put the ass end up so it doesnt do it or i disconnect the fuel line to the carbs during the week when i'm not riding. i do this on beater superjets not million dollar skis.

HAHAHA ...well I don't have anything close to million dollar skis....lol

no no that wasn't form sitting on mine, that happen when we took them to the canal near the house an ran for about 30 minutes and but i didn't notice until we got home

Top Bottom